Ch.51 "The Dance Before The Storm"

I put the dress on and got ready at six in the evening. The dress, as I discovered a few minutes ago, had pockets. So I carried some candy with me, just in case.

There were no attacks these past few days, and it was suspicious. Is Garmadon preparing something? Perhaps that new project of his?

Brandon texted me on Thursday but all he sent was "Stars" and I could not make out what he meant, I texted him and called him multiple times but he didn't pick up any of my calls. And I got even more concerned about him, but I couldn't get any response so I had no choice but to wait for one.

Lloyd didn't give me my letter when I visited him a couple of days ago as S/n when he was going home from school, it would have looked suspicious if I asked him about it without him telling me. I mean, if I knew about the letter then why couldn't that messenger deliver it to me? Where else would I find out about it from without being Y/n? It made no sense...And the messenger definitely knew about my identity, and I didn't care.

I wore my Octostar outfit -I called my new S/n outfit that- underneath my dress as a precaution, it had a dagger tied to my thigh, I thought I might need it.

But I didn't wear the octopus mask because it would be obvious from outside and wouldn't even fit. So, I carried my old mask in one of the secret pockets and took my handbag and was ready to leave.

I looked through my window at Lloyd's before I left, his curtains were closed all the past few days. He didn't talk to me at all, and I didn't make any more effort to rekindle our 'friendship' either.

I left my apartment to go to school and hoped nothing would go wrong, I was done with Garmadon and his attacks, and I already told Brandon to tell him that I quit, so here I was, a normal Ninjago citizen.

I never thought I'd become one again in my life.

~~~

"You look beautiful," Francis told me when I arrived at school. He was wearing a black tux and his hair looked so smooth. Yes, that's all I noticed.

"Thank you, you look amazing as well."

"Shall we go in?"

"Of course, why are we even waiting outside anyway? The sun is setting."

He took my hand and we went into the gym where the ball was in.

The amount of decoration that was in the place made it look like a decent ballroom. Black and white curtains and blue lights. The buffet on one of the gym's sides looked delicious. The music club played classical music in the corner. They really put a lot of effort into this.

Amy walked to us in her red and black gown, her dark hair was in a low bun with red rose decorations on top, and she wore long black gloves to match her gown.

"Y/n, you look great! Where did you get that dress?" she asked.

"You look beautiful as well." I answered her question, with a lie, as usual, "I went shopping again yesterday."

She said 'hi' to Francis before he left us to go get something to drink. There was no alcohol...I think, and I hoped there wasn't.

Amy told me as I looked around, "Looking for Lloyd?"

"No," I lied.

She said anyway, "I didn't see him come at all. All his friends are here, but no sight of him."

Indeed, all his friends were already here. Nya was talking to Jay. Cole was helping the music club with the sound speakers and stuff. Zane was talking to a grey-haired girl wearing a purple gown. And finally, Kai walked up to a red-haired girl and probably asked her to dance.