Ch.2 "A Mission"

I didn't hit the ground. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times. Green eyes stared at me. I stared back in surprise. A green and black mask and a ninja gi. A green dragon mech. That couldn't be anyone but Garmadon's worst enemy.

"Are you okay, miss?" the Green Ninja asked.

I tried to speak "Y-yeah, thank you for catching me," I said.

"Anytime," he said and dropped me off next to my motorcycle and went after Garmadon.

I stared at him as he went after Garmadon's mech. I turned to my motorcycle, staring at the damage the fall had caused. There was no way it could take me home in its condition.

I still wanted to stay. But without my motorcycle, I'd have to what? Run around the city? I just wanted to watch the attack with my own eyes and not on TV in the volcano with Garmadon complaining that the ninjas are too strong or whatever every time he watches the old attacks' records.

I stared at my motorcycle in disappointment and sighed. I heard someone calling me, so I turned around and saw a shark general land next to me. He was one of the new ones, general number thirteen, almost twenty years old and his shark outfit wasn't as humiliating as the others.

He spoke "Garmadon wants you to go back to the volcano immediately."

"What? How did he know I'm here?" I asked.

He answered "I informed him after I destroyed the bridge."

I stared at him and said "You are the one who destroyed the bridge?" he nodded so I continued "You destroyed it when you knew I was on it? You almost killed me! My motorcycle is ruined now too, look at it!"

"Sorry, I didn't see you on the bridge until you fell."

I sighed and glanced at my motorcycle again and said "Fine, I'll go home. But I can't on my motorcycle."

"I was ordered to take you in my jet. The others will take care of your motorcycle. Now come on."

We got on the fighter jet and went straight to the volcano. General thirteen was silent the whole ride and focused on arriving at our destination. I didn't say anything as well. My mind was too busy coming up with excuses and explanations to tell Garmadon when he comes home.

~~~

I lied on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I was almost killed today because I didn't listen to the orders and left the volcano. Maybe Garmadon's right, maybe I was not ready to go on a mission yet. Maybe that's why he didn't trust me enough to send me out of the volcano on my own.

My mind played scenes from my absolute failure in my head for the fifth time. Me leaving the volcano, going on the bridge, the bridge getting blown up and me falling and screaming until the Green Ninja caught me and saved my life.

Just like Garmadon, I was curious about the Secret Ninja Force's identities. Who were they? And how did they become this skilled in fighting? How do they always succeed in saving the city? Why did they even bother to save Ninjago?

A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts. "Garmadon wants to see you in the fireplace room," general thirteen said.

I responded to him "Okay. Give me a minute to get ready."

I heard his footsteps get quiet, he left. I got up and changed my clothes. I left my room and made my way to where Garmadon was waiting for me.

With every step I took, I was getting more worried. I knew he wanted to scold me for leaving the volcano for the second time today. I should've waited until tomorrow to escape so I wouldn't get two lectures about leaving the volcano in one day. But no, my arrogance got over me.