Ch.39 "Sneaking Out"

May you burn in hell, yeeted fangirl.

I read it, I read the fanfiction. I stayed up all night reading it all. And I had no more tears left to cry after what I read.

May you burn in hell too, F. Wreigh, for breaking my heart with this awesome writing.

Now I understood why the other readers were crying their hearts out. This character really got his insides ripped out in front of the love of his life in an abandoned alleyway. And it was so detailed too.

This dude -F. Wreigh, the author- needs some therapy.

I sat up, put my phone on the table, and pushed the blanket away before going to get a glass of water from the kitchen.

As soon as I finished drinking water, there was a loud falling noise from the living room. Ugh...Lloyd started sneaking out already? It's four a.m.

I washed my glass and went to the living room.

The carpet was slightly moved, he must have tripped there. The waffle keychain hanging on his door from outside his room was dangling and making noise. Lloyd had his hand on the apartment door when he spotted me standing behind the couch.

"Going to the ball, Cindergreen?" I asked, crossing my arms and leaning my back on the couch.

"I have something to do- Wait." He saw my dry tears. "Were you crying?"

"I was reading." I asked, "Where are you going?"

"It's none of your business." He caught his harsh tone and said, "Sorry, didn't mean to say it like that."

I glanced at the clock, it was indeed four in the morning, the sun hadn't risen yet.

He tried to open the door, but it didn't move. He tried again and again, it was locked.

"You're looking for this?" I held up the apartment keys for him to see.

He slid his hands off of the doorknob and let it hang by his side. "Where did you get it?"

"Your mom hid it behind the TV before she went to bed."

"And she was fine with you knowing where it was?"

"I pretended I was asleep."

He walked towards me and tried to grab the keys before I yanked my hand away.

"Na-uh-uh. You won't get them until you tell me where you're going."

"I can't tell you." He walked behind me, trying to get the keys.

I faced him again. "Why not?"

"If I could, why would I have to sneak out? I would have just walked out normally."

"So you're hiding something."

Do the ninjas have training at this hour?

He frowned. "Y/n, give me the keys. I'll return in less than an hour and put the keys behind the TV again. You won't notice that I even left, I promise you."

I thought. Less than an hour, huh?

"Fine." I took my hand from behind my back but returned it before he could grab the keys.

"Seriously? I'm not playing with you, give me the keys."

"If you don't keep your word, I'll get in trouble for not stopping you, and your mom will be angry at both of us." I added "How about you take me with you and tell your mom when you return that I found my keys and you were walking me to my apartment or something?"