Ch.40 "A Blind Date"

"We're home," Lloyd said as we entered his apartment and didn't see his mom. "Mom? We're back."

Koko got out of her bedroom with her hair done in a high bun. She had earrings and a necklace around her neck. She seemed like she was going to a fancy place to meet fancy people.

"Welcome home...You bought groceries without me asking you to?" She was checking her bag.

"Yup," Lloyd answered.

"Right, groceries at seven a.m. is very normal." She zipped her bag and walked to us.

If you were wondering, we went to the grocery store at five and spent two hours there because Lloyd didn't want to leave the candy section.

Koko handed me something, my keys. "I found them under the couch, you must have dropped them before your date."

"Thank you."

"Lloyd, put the groceries in the kitchen and change your clothes. We're leaving in less than twenty minutes."

Lloyd took the grocery bags to the kitchen and said to me before he went to his room, "I'll text you later."

"Okay." I said to Koko, "Bye."

"Wait." Koko left then returned with my sweatshirt.

"Oh, thanks. I forgot about it." It was dry. "I'll return Lloyd's hoodie later, I have to go." And I left to go to my apartment.

~~~

Brandon called me while I was lying on my bed wearing my pajamas and reading the comments on F. Wreigh's conversation feed.

I picked it up. "Hello."

"Hey Y/n...umm...Are you busy right now?" he asked.

It was twelve o'clock and I had absolutely nothing to do for the rest of the day, or so I thought because of the laziness filling my head. "Depends. What do you want?"

"I have to babysit my cousin and I can't stand him at all. Can you come and help me, please? I feel like I'm losing my mind."

"Wait...you have a cousin?"

"I didn't know that as well, but when I moved in, I found that my uncle -whom I haven't seen even before the first attack- lived next door."

"Good, I'm happy for you."

"Thanks...so are you coming?"

"I can't, I'm busy." I didn't feel like dealing with a kid who could at any moment grab my left arm.

"Please-" He said to someone, "No, that's my laptop. Leave it alone."

He spoke to me again, "I'm begging you. And I can't stay here for long. I have to go somewhere. Please help me."

I sighed. "Fine, send me the address."

"Thank you thank you thank yo-" He told the kid, "I'm talking on the phone, stop crying."

He told me the address and I hung up to get ready.

I wished I could just go in my pajamas. But I got dressed properly and left the house to go to the address of the kid's house.

~~~

The house was familiar. I knocked on the door and Brandon opened it with his hair messier than my left arm's flesh before the surgery. But other than his hair, he was dressed fancy, wearing a tux, unlike the usual.

What's up with people dressing fancier than me today?

"Thank god you're here."

I asked, "What happened to your hair?"