Ch.11 "Potato Lisa"

Wednesday, in art class. I walked into the art room that was filled with canvases, wooden canvas stands, tables with all types of colors, pencils and papers stocked on them.

I went to choose the art supplies I wanted to use, then noticed Lloyd, Nya and Zane walking into the room. Nya waved at me and I waved back then chose a seat around one of the tables.

A girl sat next to me drawing something which I wasn't sure what it was until she looked me dead in the eyes and said with a blank expression, "It's an apple tree."

"Oh...looks good," I lied so she wouldn't take my soul. It literally looked like a green cloudy flower over a brown chocolate pokey stick with red hearts on the top of the green area. Oh, and a yellow triangle as the sun in the corner of the paper.

Another girl sitting in front of me asked "Hey, I'm drawing a character of mine and you look similar to her. Can I use you for reference?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"Okay, stay still." She glanced at me every few seconds and continued drawing.

Nya, Zane and Lloyd were sitting around a table and drawing together. Other students were either drawing or painting on paper or using canvases.

The girl next to me -the one drawing the apple tree- tapped on my shoulder trying to not laugh and pointed at a boy drawing on a canvas.

I looked at her "So?"

"You don't see it?" she asked. "Look at what he's painting."

He was painting what seemed to be the Mona Lisa, but wait...her head looked weird, and she didn't have a neck. Oh, now I see it! She looked like a potato wearing a dress and a wig! Also she had a realistic face that made the painting look like one of those cursed images you find on the internet every once in a while.

I whispered to the girl next to me "Does he realize he painted a Potato Lisa? Or do you think it was on purpose?"

"He's grinning and looks so happy about his creation. So, I don't know. Artists are weird."

"I'm done!" the girl who used me as reference said then showed me her sketch.

"That's amazing!" I said, taking in all the details my eyes could see.

"Thank you," she said and took the sketch back to add something.

I picked up my pencil and started sketching the first thing that came to my empty mind. And I ended up with a dark sketch of Lord Garmadon laughing while looked at the sky with his upper right hand carrying a croissant. I didn't even know I had such artistic skills. I mean, yeah I practiced at the volcano when I was home-schooled but that was nothing compared to this croissant evil lord that my hand drew.

"Oh. My. God- Wait, is that a croissant in his hand?" the apple tree girl said, looking over my shoulder while I was still sketching.

"Yeah, it is." She burst out laughing.

"What?" the girl who used me as reference asked "What did you draw?"

The apple tree girl said, still laughing "Come see it, it's hilarious."

The girl came and stood next to my side of the table. As soon as she saw my drawing, she covered her mouth to quiet her laugh down. "Oh no...he looks so ridiculous. I love it."

Some guy sitting at our table said "Wait, I want to see." And came to see the drawing. And that captured the attention of others.

So before the students could suffocate me with attention and lack of personal space, our teacher spoke to me "Why don't you come here and show everyone your drawing?" She wanted me to stand in front of the whole class and hold my drawing.