Ch.31 "New Student"

Wednesday morning, Lloyd left the apartment building and started walking to school. He didn't feel like taking the bus so he left early to arrive in time.

He put his earphones in his ears and listened to some music on his way. His mom took his wireless headphones, so he had to use his old earphones for a while. He didn't mind it as long as he had his phone. He made a playlist of the songs Y/n suggested yesterday, and he kept listening to them all night.

He still couldn't believe that she said yes when he asked her on a date. But behind all that excitement he was in, he had a bad feeling about it. He ignored it whenever it came up, whenever his thoughts turned unpleasant and towards a bad ending.

He didn't lift his eyes from his phone's screen as he scrolled through their messages over and over again. Something is wrong, his gut told him, something is very wrong.

He didn't know what, or why, but there was something off about the way Y/n talked to him and texted. But he ignored it and even made up excuses for her in his head. They talked on the phone all night, and he was still smiling today.

They agreed on Friday for the date. He still didn't tell his mom about it. If she didn't let him out, he'd just climb down his window, it wasn't that big of a deal. He had done it before, but for a totally different reason.

When he arrived at school and entered the hallway, his friends were in front of their lockers and waved at him.

As he walked to them, Kai told him as he fixed his spikey brown hair while looking at the mirror in his locker, "You seem in a good mood today."

Nya agreed, "Yeah, this is unusual of you. What happened?"

"Uhh..." Lloyd's smile faded away. He wasn't planning on telling them, not now at least.

"What's the matter?" Jay asked.

Lloyd answered after he opened his locker, "Nothing."

Cole let his headphones hang around his neck. "You're usually in a bad mood when it comes to school."

Zane joined the conversation, "Didn't you text us yesterday that your mom grounded you and you aren't allowed to leave your home without permission anymore?"

"That's right." Lloyd took out his biology book and stuff. "I am sort of grounded."

Kai asked, "Then why are you smiling?"

"I'm not smiling." Zane pointed at the mirror in Kai's locker. Lloyd was indeed still smiling. He closed his locker and confessed, "Fine. Something happened last night."

Jay asked "Was it that finale of the series you binge-watched three weeks ago?"

"No- Wait, the finale came out already?"

"Yeah, I watched it last night and it was so coo-"

"Don't spoil anything, I haven't watched it yet."

"Okay...so, what happened?"

Lloyd avoided the question, again, "I have to go to class; I have a test." He started to walk away. "I'll tell you at lunch."

"Okay."

"Bye."

"See you later."

Lloyd headed for his first class.

~~~

Lloyd overheard the other students as he took a seat in the back of Mr. Carson's class.

"Do you have the notes from yesterday? I forgot mine," the guy in front of him asked the girl sitting next to him.

"My fish ate them, sorry."