Ch.50 "Tomorrow"

I got a new job at the tattoo parlor. Jane -the girl Brandon went on a date with- was pretty nice and gorgeous just like he said. Now I ship them.

She taught me the stuff necessary for the job, I was her new assistant and helped her with what I could, she even let me tattoo some customers when the tattoos were simple enough for a beginner like me.

And since I'm new, she gave me my first payment early...Well, actually it's because the author -Not Francis, the one writing this- needed me to get groceries to survive.

I went grocery shopping after that then went home. That all happened yesterday on Wednesday.

Thursday morning, I went to school and met up with Amy, we talked before class and when break time came after history, Francis approached us.

"Hello, Y/n and Amy."

We both said 'Hi'.

He asked, "Are you two going to prom?"

Amy answered, "Yes."

"Oh, so you two got asked out already."

"Nope," I answered.

He asked, "Then...ummm...Y/n will you go with me? I don't know anybody else except you two and it would be weird if I asked somebody else."

"Yeah, sure." Not that big of a deal like how movies make it look like.

Amy asked me, "What about Lloyd?"

"He's been avoiding me since yesterday, we barely talked."

"Why?"

"I don't know." Except that I know, he's mad at me because of Tuesday.

Francis said, "Well, then. I'll leave you two, I have to finish the history assignment I didn't write. I'll see you later."

"Bye-bye."

He walked away.

Amy said, "You didn't tell me about Lloyd, did something wrong happen?"

I told her with no details, "He told me something important and I reacted badly. And now he doesn't even let me talk to him to apologize."

"Well, it's his loss then."

Maggie came, "Don't forget, we'll go shopping right after school."

"We remember, don't worry," I said.

"My mom will pick us up." She walked away, "See you later."

Amy told me after Maggie left, "Never thought the cheerleaders could be nice. The cringy stories I read had messed up my expectations. Like, why do they always portray them as the villains?"

"I don't know. It became popular and more people started following it and made it a cliché."

"Let's go to the lockers, class will begin soon."

~~~

Maggie's mom picked us up in her car along with other cheerleader friends of Maggie's and drove us to the mall.

We got out of the car and Maggie's mom said she would pick us up after two hours.

Do I really have to narrate the shopping? Ugh... fine.

We went from store to store, Maggie found something she liked, some of her friends did too, other haven't found anything suitable yet, including Amy and I. Nothing special about the shopping trip.

Amy asked me as we looked at the clothes in one of the stores, "Why do you not look happy?"

"I don't?"