Ch.35 "Cinderella"

I unlocked my apartment door and got in. Closing the door behind me, I walked to the couch and put my bag on it before lying next to it. I let out a sigh of relief upon feeling the nice material beneath me. Finally, a comfortable surface to lie on.

Damn, that café was so good. I literally just got out of the hospital and I got a fanfiction recommendation out of that whole conversation with the girl I yeeted...and I still didn't know her name.

I turned on my phone and opened Wattpad. My home page was full of fanfics, as always. I read through the titles and the descriptions, it was hard to find things to read if you already read most of the good fanfictions on the app or site.

I gave in and typed the fanfiction name in the search bar. It was the first thing that came up, and it had a million reads. How the hell does it have a million reads? It started almost three months ago!

The daily updates must have done well for the author, good for him.

I re-read the tags and the description, this was the type of fanfic you'd read all in one night and would gladly yeet your sleep schedule to the nearest planet, if you even had a sleep schedule.

I opened the author's profile. The fan posts on his conversation feed were all people crying about the nearest chapter. After all those tags, I didn't blame them.

"Why do you do this to us, man?"

"My mom walked in on me crying and it's all your fault."

"WHHYYYYYYYY??? Why can't they just be together????? Dude, bring back the fluff, for the love of god. Please."

"Prepare your lawyer, I'm suing you for emotional damage."

The author's only response to them was, "It wasn't that sad."

"Dude, his insides were ripped out."

"So?" the author replied.

Another reader added, "IN FRONT OF HIS LOVE INSTEREST!"

"So?"

"And you left us on a cliffhanger."

"SOOOOOO???? I put a warning on that chapter. You all were too excited in the comments before you read it."

"You need a therapist."

Another fan replied, "No, he'd kill the therapist too and get in jail and we won't get updates anymore."

"You have a point."

The author wrote a few minutes ago "I have to go, I'll leave you all crying for now :)"

Those comments gave me high expectations for the story. I added the fanfic to my reading list for later and turned off my phone. I'd pull an all-nighter today to read it after the date with Lloyd.

Lloyd, I had a date with Lloyd after school. I agreed to go on a date with him, the Green Ninja. I shouldn't let him know that my arm is injured, he'd find out that I was S/n all along.

I still had a couple hours. I had to find a way to hide my left arm. Too bad I couldn't detach it and put it in the freezer. Too bad I'm a human.

I went to my bedroom and searched my wardrobe. I had some puffy sweaters, jackets, hoodies, and a cape that I stole from Garmadon years ago and never returned. It wasn't my fault that I looked more fabulous than Garmadon while wearing it.

I choose what I was going to wear and put it on my bed. A sweatshirt, pants, and a pair of sneakers that matched my top. I got a handbag as well, I had to take some emergency products for my arm, like the cream and stuff that I bought from the pharmacy inside the hospital.

I put the handbag beside my clothes and went to the kitchen to get something to eat.

Hopefully, nothing would ruin the date.

~~~

I got dressed, watched YouTube for a while, then texted Lloyd by the time I knew school was over.

Y/n:

"Hello!"

Lloyd instantly responded.

Lloyd:

"Hey! Are you feeling better?"

Oh yeah, I 'had' a fever that wasn't a lie at all.

Y/n:

"I am, thanks for the homework you sent me. By the way, where are you right now?"

Lloyd sent the homework when I was in the hospital along with pictures of his notes. And they were so cutely organized.

Lloyd:

"Waiting for you outside."

That was some real speed. The school day just ended.

I opened my apartment door and screamed upon seeing Lloyd, who also screamed in shock.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I yelled.

"We have a date, remember?" He looked me up and down, his cheeks turning pink. "You...look pretty cute."

"Thanks." For the first time since I met him, he wasn't wearing a green hoodie.

I know, I know, it might be a sign that he got possessed or something and I should call someone to help, but I didn't want an exorcism to ruin my first date.

He was wearing an unzipped grey hoodie with a green shirt underneath, black pants, and his hair looked decent for once, not that cute fluffy slightly messed up hair.

I said, "Sorry I screamed, I thought you meant you were waiting outside the building, not my apartment."

"Sorry I scared you."

"We should stop apologizing and go." I got out and locked the door and started walking towards the elevator.

I stopped and turned around. Lloyd wasn't following me. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"My mom wanted me to prove I was going on a date and not just lying to leave the house. So she wanted me to bring you home to prove it before we could leave."

"Okay, no problem."

~~~

"Oh. My. God." Lloyd's mom said, "So my son is actually going on a date, with such a cute girl like you."

Lloyd asked her, "You thought I was lying?"

"I can't trust you anymore." She turned to me again, "Please, please, return him before midnight."

I just said, "What is he? Cinderella?"

Well, he could be. He's wearing a grey hoodie, I wouldn't be surprised if some fairy godmother or godfather gave him this new look to last until midnight. Maybe he's not possessed after all.

Lloyd looked at the both of us. "Seriously? Stop calling me Cinderella."

I asked Koko, "You called him that before?"

"Yes, he keeps sneaking out at midnight. But to my disappointment, it was never a royal ball."

Lloyd was enjoying the conversation, so I gave him a pat on the shoulder and said, "We're not trying to insult you. But just in case, make sure that your shoes are tied so they wouldn't fall off."

He stared at me with a disappointed look then walked to the door. "We're leaving."

"Bye." Koko told me, "Don't lose him in the comic bookstore, okay? I kind of need him alive."

Comic bookstore?

"Sure, don't worry."

"All right, have a good day."

We heard a loud thud from the hallway. When I went to check, I found Lloyd on the ground with one of his sneakers off, and he was holding his head in pain.