Ch.58 "That Moment When You Wake Up And You're All Scarred Up And Can't Move."

Someone called my name.

I think it's Lloyd.

Quick footsteps grew louder, coming towards me.

Someone held my left hand.

And I wasn't conscious enough to open my eyes.

"What happened to her?" concerned Cindergreen asked somebody.

Amy's voice answered, "Francis did this to her. Brandon got her here."

I tried to open my eyes.

"Y/n, can you hear me?" Lloyd asked.

I opened my eyes, but things were a bit blurry. Probably from all the blood loss. But I could clearly see Lloyd's concerned face while he was kneeling beside the couch I was lying on and holding my hand in both of his.

The first thing I said was "What do you want?" That came out harsher than I intended.

He said after a silent second, "I'm sorry...For arguing with you back then without hearing your side of the story."

I didn't answer and just looked around. There weren't much people in the basement as before, and the door was open. There was light outside too.

Brandon was sitting on a chair, his shirt was unbuttoned and he was examining his bandaged wounds- Hold up, what wounds? Why did he have so many bandages-

"What did you do to Brandon?"

"Oh, your dear brother? I just locked him up...and may have given him some permanent scars in exchange for everything he knew about your mission."

Francis better be dead right now and cut to pieces and thrown in the sewers.

Jane was talking to Brandon as she was standing beside him.

Lloyd followed my stare and looked at them, he didn't look that well himself either. He looked too tired, and had a few little scars on the side of his face, the kind you'd get if you fell on your face.

Don't ask me how I know that, I'm the fangirl yeeter, it should be obvious from Amy's face.

His clothes were dusty, and his sleeves had cuts. His right ear was slightly bleeding...I think, my eye sight was still not as before.

The front tips of his hair were burned and turned black. He looked good even with that.

"Were you close to the explosion?" I asked.

He turned to look at me again.

Amy, Sam, and their mother were sitting on the ground. Amy was barefoot for some reason. I wonder where her high heels went.

"I caused the explosion, actually," Lloyd answered.

"For a person who was in such a dangerous situation, you don't look so bad."

"I can't say the same about you."

I gave him a look. "You're insulting me?"

"No, I...I'm sorry. I should've stayed with you before Francis got to you. I should've expected that he was working for my dad-"

"Did you kill him?"

He took a second then said, "Francis has been missing ever since Octoshar malfunctioned. Nobody knows where he is, not even the generals."

"Hold up, Octoshar malfunctioned? How?"

"I accidentally pressed something, and it threw me-"

"-Yeeted-" I corrected.