Ch.47 "A Letter For S/n"

"No, go get it tomorrow, you can't go in right now," the school guard said.

Another guard approached us and said to the guard I was talking to, "Your shift is over."

The first guard sighed of relief, "Finally," and left the place as the new one replaced him.

The remaining guard asked me, "What are you doing here at this hour?"

"I forgot my notebook and I have a very important exam tomorrow. Can I please just go in and bring it? I would be less than five minutes."

"No, sorry, you can't."

"Why?"

"We're not allowed to let anyone in."

Some glass broke from inside the school and a scream followed it, it sounded like someone I know.

I asked, "Then who's inside? That couldn't be any cat who snuck in."

"Uhh...." He said, "It's nothing." He looked too nervous for it to be nothing.

He muttered under his breath, "Come on...just leave."

"I won't until I get my notebook."

"I wasn't talking to you."

"Then to whom were you talking to?"

He seemed to have lost his patience and said, "Fine...go in, but if you take more than five minutes, I'll lock you inside." He unlocked the door for me.

I smiled. "Thank you." And was about to go in when he added.

"Be careful...I saw someone sneak in...the Green Ninja followed that person inside."

So Lloyd was the one who screamed, probably got impaled with glass.

"You could've just said that before. Bye." I went in and took out my phone, ready to turn on my flash light, but I hesitated.

If there was really some criminal in here, he or she would find me too quickly if I had any light on.

So I walked in the darkness, barely seeing anything with the bit of light the windows provided. I heard running, falling, and then footsteps. I couldn't tell if they were getting closer to me or farther. My heartbeats raced regardless.

I walked in the most careful way possible, reducing my footsteps' sound as much as I could as I looked for my locker.

Footsteps echoed with Lloyd's voice, "Are you going to run forever?"

No one answered him, and the running became louder and louder.

Oh no, they're coming towards me....

I found my locker and opened it after entering the passcode and took my notebook. But I didn't close the locker, instead, I hid in it and almost closed it on myself, leaving a finger's length worth of space to watch what was happening and not get locked in entirely.

The person Lloyd was walking after instead of running was covered in a cape and a hood and wore a full-face black mask.

Lloyd stopped walking, brushing off the small pieces of glass on his clothes with his gloved hands and said, "Come on, aren't you tired of running?"

A guy's voice answered but the mask made it unrecognizable, I couldn't even guess his age, "No, but you seem tired. Is that why you slowed down? You need some rest?"

"I will after you tell me why you sneaked in here."

"How about no?"

"How about you get arrested?"