Chapter 23

“I love you to the moon and back, but I’d go farther if you asked.

                                    -Unknown

I stood in front of Kellie for a moment, taking in how cute she looked in my clothes, how sweet she looked under the soft lighting of the fairy lights, how amazed she looked that I’d done this just for her. It made me the happiest person ever.

I smiled and took her tiny hands in mine. “You know, I’ve realized that I never really asked you to my girlfriend the proper way.” I said, resting my forehead upon hers.

Kellie’s jaw fell open in shock. “What?”

I chuckled and brought her closer to me. “We’ve been dating for five months, but I never asked you out properly.” I shook my head in disappointment. “What kind of man does that to his lady?”

Kellie softly laughed, resting her head over my heart. I took in a deep breath, running over the lines of the poem I’d memorized.

“I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you. There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love.” I cleared my throat. “Uh I don’t remember who that was by.”

Kellie smiled up at me, cupping my face. “Do you even understand how perfect you really are?” I bit my lip, looking into her eyes.

“No.” She shook her head and leaned in, pressing her lips to my heart.

“I have to tell you something. No fancy words. No poems. I just want you to know that… That I love you.”

I felt my lips stretch into a wide grin, pulling her close, slamming my lips down upon hers. Her delicate little hands slowly slid to my shoulders, leaning into me more and more as the moments went on. I was first to pull back, rubbing my nose to hers, heart hammering in my chest.

I then tilted her face up, looking deep within her dark green eyes. “Will you continue being the girl who haunts my dreams, warms my body, and fills my heart?” Kellie smiled, kissing my cheek.

“Of course.” She replied, kissing my nose. “I’ll always want to be yours.”

I smiled and hugged her tightly. “I love you.”

“I love you.” She muttered.

I smiled and watched as she rested her head over my heart, and I followed by resting my head on hers.

...Kellie’s POV…

Harry’s chest was my favorite place to sleep. He was so warm, and his heart beat was the perfect lullaby, just everything about him soothed me. Harry was easily the best thing to ever happen to me. And I couldn’t believe that he chose me over every other girl on this planet. Me, Kellie Zavadil.

I had never had someone so dedicated to making me happy like this, and then out of nowhere, a true angel appears.

I looked up at Harry, his eyes peacefully closed and a small smile on his pink lips as he slept with me under the stars and lit up tree. I sighed peacefully, resting my head back over his heart.

As he slept, I laid still, thinking about how many turns my life had taken in the last five months, and how I’d never have it any other way. Harry meant the world to me.

I jumped a little as he rested his hand on my shoulder, rubbing it gently. “Calm down, darling.” He chuckled, voice thick from just waking up. “It’s only me.”

“Only you.” I agreed, making a large grin spread on his face.

“And only you.” He kissed my forehead, and hugged me tighter. “I don’t want to drive us home.”

“I don’t want to go back.” I murmured, nuzzling into his chest. “Never ever.”

Harry kissed the top of my head, and ran his hand through my hair. “We have to, but you can come stay with me.” I shifted my gaze to his, heart lifting. But then I thought of Alex, and knew I couldn’t just leave him there alone with Randi and Step-Ugly.

“Alex.” I sighed, resting my head back down. “I can’t leave him there.” Harry sighed.

“Then just… Just stay away from them, okay?” I nodded, and sighed sadly as Harry shifted me off him, crawling off his truck bed, and taking my hand to help me down. “I think we ought to go.”

“What about the lights?” I looked up at the tree. Harry shrugged and walked over to a hidden extension cord.

“I have a friend that lives here, he said he’d handle it.” I nodded and took his hand after the lights in the tree went out.

Harry led me back to the passenger side, kissing my cheek once I was seated, then he jogged to his side. I rested my head against his arm once more, watching as the world zoomed by us.

“If you ever need me, for any reason at anytime, I want you to call me.” I nodded and kissed his arm.

“I promise.” I stated.

Harry smiled “Do you love me?”

“Of course, I love you so much.” I gazed up at him, a smile pulling at my lips. “It kind of scares me.”

“I love you even more than that.” Harry replied. “I get nightmares about it.” I rolled my eyes as he got the giggle he was going for.

“You’re a dork.” He shrugged.

“I’ve accepted it.”