Chapter 24

If I am a wave then you are the sea. If you are thr flower than I am your bee.”

                                    -Tyler Knott Gregson

I smiled at Harry from my spot at the bottom left end of the bleachers, watching him practice for football. He looked unbelievably hot as he jogged around, jersey clad and in those sexy football pants. It took everything in me not to smite every horny bitch that looked at him for more time then they fucking should.

Bunch of bitches, looking at my man. Lucky I don’t fucking slaughter them.

Harry grinned back at me, blowing a little kiss before he went back to charging, or throwing, or whatever he did at different times and areas. It reminded me how adorable he really was. Harry was the cutest little shit to ever stick with me. And I don’t think anything could make me love him more than how cute he was, did.

I jumped as someone took a seat next to me, and the instant smell of testosterone filled teenage boy, told me that it was a football boy. I looked to the side, noticing the head of the football team, Joe I think? He smirked at me and then licked his lips, leaning closer to me.

“What the fuck do you want?” I raised my eyebrows at the brunette with dark brown eyes.

“Well, I was just wondering what a beautiful girl like you is doing here all alone.” I rolled my eyes at his cheesy overused pick-up line.

“I’m waiting for someone, asshole.” He chuckled.

“Fiesty, I like it.” He took my hand and tried to kiss it, but I ripped my appendage back.

“Harry will kick your ass.” I snapped, glaring at him.

He chuckled, a deep, growl-like chuckle. His eyes narrowed in on Harry on the field, my dumbass boyfriend shaking his hair out and pushing it out of his face, then he turned back to me and glared. “Oh, I don’t think he will.”

I frowned and pushed him away, standing up, but he grasped my arm and tugged me into his lap.

“Let me go you fucking meat head!” I snapped, pushing at his chest. He set his hand on my thigh and squeezed tightly, causing me to yelp.

“You’re ruining the football team’s rep. You need to break up with Harry and stay away from him, do you understand?” I gaped at him and was about to reply when he squeezed tighter.

“OI! GET YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF HER!” Before I registered anything, I was pushed from Joe’s lap, and landed on the bleachers as someone lunged at him.

I looked up and at the two colliding bodies, gaping at the sight of Harry perched on top of Joe, fists balled in his jersey, nose pressed to his as he screamed at him about touching me.

“Harry!” I gasped, wrapping my hand around his tensed arm, feeling the muscles relax a bit under my touch.

“How fucking dare you lay a single finger on her.” Harry hissed, voice deeper and dangerous. I shivered at the sound, not in fright, but at the fact that he was so proudly standing up for me, defending me. “If I ever see her near you again, I’ll break every bone in your goddamn body.”

I tugged at his arm, and surprisingly he stood, taking my hand in his. He led me away from a frozen Joe and made sure to hold me close. Once we got to the truck, he leaned against the side of it, tugging me against him.

“Are you okay, baby? Did he hurt you?” I sighed and rested my head on his chest, frowning at the fact that I couldn’t hear his heart beat because of his football gear.

“I’ll be okay. Nothing broke, just fine.” I sighed, resting my chin on his chest since I couldn’t hear the steady thump that I adored.

Harry nodded and rested his damp forehead against mine, breathing slowly steadying itself.

“I heard you cry, and I got so scared.” Harry whispered.

I smiled softly and kissed his cheek gently. I then crawled into the front seat as he opened the door, then jogged to his side. Before he got in though, he stripped out of his chest gear and jersey, tossing them in the back seat before climbing in. I gaped as he began to drive, chest glistening from his sweat.

On anyone else I would’ve been disgusted, but with Harry. It was hot as fuck.

The drive to his home was extremely short, yet when we got there, he carried me in within moments and laid me down on his couch, kissing my forehead. “I love you.”

“I love you.” I murmured, kissing his cheek. “Don’t baby me though.” I laughed, sitting up. “I’m a big girl.”

“I just like to baby you.” Harry whispered, kissing my cheek and cupping my face. “You’re so cute.” I smiled and poked his naked sticky chest.

“You’re handsome.” I smiled and kissed his throat. “But you smell like testosterone, teenage boy, and body odor.”

“I’ll take that as my cue to shower.” Harry murmured, running his thumb along my cheek bone. He leaned down and gently kissed me, then kissed my forehead and jogged off to shower.

I smiled as he disappeared up the stairs. I curled up in a ball a little tighter and let my eyes close, drifting in and out of sleep. It was the nicest I’d slept in a couple of days, knowing it was because Harry’s scent was all over the place, and that he himself was just above me.

I only really slept when he was around.

It was like a wave of calm rushed over me, and the nightmares were sparser with Harry. He made me dream, he made me happier, he made me smile.

I loved him for so many reasons, because he was my only future and he was my only support.

I felt the couch shift along with my body from within my slumber and slowly peeled my eyes open, finding that Harry had sat down and shifted my head into his lap. Yawning, I turned to gaze up at him, smiling at the sight of him still shirtless, water beaded on his pale skin, and his hair in damp ringlets.

“Well hello, Sleeping Beauty.” He gently brushed his knuckles down my cheek, smiling affectionately down at me. “How’d you sleep? Any nightmares?”

“Good, I didn’t have any.” I smiled up at him and kissed the crevice down the middle of his abs.

“Fantastic.” I smiled and snuggled into his fiery skin, absorbing his warmth.