Chapter 30

"And from across the crowded room I saw you smile only at me."

-Tyler Knott Gregson

I sighed as I dragged my tired, annoyed ass out of bed, not even daring to look at the shit date on the calendar. Because Hallmark already made sure I knew the date. It was that horrible day, the made up holiday that most of the planet despised anyway.

February 14th. Valentine's Day.

After my icy shower, I dressed in my usual black attire, and sat in my room, picking at the black nail polish on my nails. I jumped when I heard the doorbell ring, and bolted down the stairs in a few short moments, getting to the front door before anyone could make a move for it.

Just as fast as he'd arrived, Harry was wrapped around me, smothering me in kisses and a bear hug. I giggled and tried to wriggle out of his grasp, nuzzling into his chest for a moment, the actions contradicting.

I looked up at Harry, bursting into laughter after spotting the red glitter in his hair and the big heart on his shirt. "You seriously did something for Valentine's day?" I raised an eyebrow.

Harry grinned, his dimples adorably denting his cheeks. "Of course I did. I'm in love and happy about it, so why wouldn't I?" I rolled my eyes.

"Cause it's a stupid fake holiday?" Harry shrugged.

"I like it, we always get free candy." I smiled as he removed my backpack from me, then slipped his arm around my shoulders, keeping me close to him as we walked the short distance to his truck.

I shook my head at my adorable idiot and rested my head against his arm as the car began rolling. The drive to school was filled with Harry whistling some unknown tune to me, begging me to guess it and figure it out. After I told him that I had no idea what romance related song it was, he groaned and admitted that it was a Taylor Swift song, and I smacked him on the arm for offending me in such a way.

"Come on," Harry whined, standing in front of me as I sat with my arms crossed over my chest. "I'm sorry." He set his head on my shoulder and kissed my shoulder. "I was trying to be romantic."

"That's not romantic, that's slutty." I rolled my eyes and laughed as Harry lifted me out of the car and wrapped my legs around his waist, leaning my back against the side of his truck, nuzzling into the crook of my neck.

"Is this romantic?" Harry murmured, peppering kisses to my throat, causing me to shiver.

"More on the horny side, but I'm not complaining." I muttered, tilting my head to the side. Harry chuckled and gently squeezed my thighs, slightly rolling his hips against mine.

"I love you." He murmured as he set me on my feet, grabbing our backpacks from the backseat. I slid my fingers between his and stepped closer to him, unable to wipe the smile from my face. With our hands locked we began making our way towards the front of the school, showing our bonded front. The hallways were covered in red hearts and pink tissue paper, with 'adoring' quotes written upon them. It was sickening that people actually liked this bullshit.

Harry smirked down at me as people ran around, hugging, kissing, and giving flowers, and balloons to each other. "Ugh it's so stupid." I grumbled.

"What are you, the Valentine's Day Scrooge?" Harry chuckled, pressing his hand to the small of my back.

"Sure, I don't know. All I do know is it's an idiotic fake money holiday." Harry shrugged.

"It's alright." He opened his locker and shoved my unneeded books inside, on the bottom shelf since I couldn't reach the top, and did the same with his, taking the top as usual.

"My dearest love," Harry began, setting the bags on the floor. I looked up at him and gasped as he tugged me to his body. He grinned and dipped his head down to rest his forehead upon mine. "Would you accompany me on an extremely romantic Valentine's date?"

I smiled and kissed his cheek, resting my head under his chin. "I'd love to." I murmured.

Harry tilted my head up and pressed his lips to mine, a fiery shiver running through my veins at the simplest touch. It was like an entirely new adrenaline high, and I was endlessly addicted.

"Come on, let's get you to class, lovely." Harry smiled, dimple piercing his cheek and making my heart flutter at the adorable sight. His eyes were gleaming bright, probably running over ideas for tonights date. Probably to make it extra special since it was Valentines Day.

The day ran by fast, and because of fucked up schedules I barely saw Harry. But when I did see him, it was like I sensed him, glancing across the hall to see him standing there, eyes locked on me, red glitter in his hair, and a loving smile on his face. He'd blow me a kiss or mouth 'I love you', causing my heart to warm.

By the end of the day, I was ready to vomit at the sight of the colors red or pink. It was practically sickening.

But after Harry dropped me off, promising to be back by 6, I knew the day was lightening up when I looked in my closet and decided to dig in the box of clothes I never wore, just for Harry.

I took a shower and then stepped out, tying my hair up into a ponytail, tugging on a white shirt that read 'Bullshit', ripped light blue jeans, and brown heeled boots, with Harry's red and black flannel, and a gold necklace my dad gave me when I was a little girl. It was a golden heart locket, and inside it had a picture of my dad, brother, and I.

I went lighter on the black than usual and was ready by the time Harry showed up, bouncing down the stairs to him, and launching into his arms. Harry chuckled and kissed the top of my head, tilting my face up and taking in my looks.

"You look gorgeous my dear." He breathed into my ear. "Are you excited?"

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, super excited."