Chapter 4

"Your face says happy, but your eyes say pain."

                                                                                                -J.K.G

Harry picked me up at 6 as promised, just as I finished pulling on my ripped skinny jeans. I quickly buttoned up my flannel shirt, leaving a few buttons popped and the sleeves rolled up, and wore high-top red converse and rep lipstick with black framed nerd glasses for our date. I had no idea what the hell we were going to do, but I knew this was pretty good compared to the jeans and tank tops with hoodies that I usually wore.

"You look perfect." He greeted, hugging me tightly in front of step-ugly. I smiled and kissed his cheek lightly.

I quickly checked him out, smiling at the sight of his outfit from earlier. "You look handsome." I told him once again with a smile.

I quickly dragged him out, completely ignoring the sound of step-ugly trying to tell me what to do. Harry was dragged along behind me was we went. It was funny how shocked he seemed that I'd ignored Shrek back there.

"I think he was talking to you." He chuckled, opening the passenger door for me and helping me up.

"Yeah, he tries that sometimes. He's a weird ugly man." Harry burst into laughter and jogged around the car, then started it up and looked out the back window as he back his truck up.

"So we're going to a beautiful restaurant that I'm sure we'll enjoy, and then we're going out to some secretly special place for this beautiful night." I smiled and nodded as he glanced over at me. "You know, you don't smile very often, unless you're like, ya know, with me." I shrugged.

"I hate people, what can I say?" Harry grinned and put me in charge of the music. I looked through all the CD cases he had and put in The Ramones greatest hits.

"Perfect pick. I was hoping you'd choose them. Macy hated my taste in music, always listening to Taylor Swift."

"Disgusting." He nodded. "You poor, poor boy."

I swear, when he pulled to a stop a stop at Taco Bell, I nearly jumped his bones. He couldn't open the door for me fast enough. I took his hand and we walked in together. I told him what I wanted and dropped coins in the donation box as we waited, his large hand on the small of my back, gently rubbing circles into the cloth against my skin.

"You pick the drink, I'll find us a spot." Harry said, kissing my cheek as he handed me the glasses and then took the tray of food.

I got him Pepsi as he requested and Mellow Yellow for myself, and dropped at his side, looking at him curiously.

"Dude, you look like you're starving. Why didn't you start eating?" He blushed.

"Macy wouldn't let me until she was ready." I frowned.

"What a bitch! This is food, not a movie or some shit." Harry laughed and shook his head, then the both of us dug in, but it was peaceful for very long, as Louis and Queen Bitch entered, hand in hand. Thank god he'd gone after her like I said. I was really tired of him trying to hit on me all the time. I only felt fire with Harry, I only felt with Harry.

"Oh my fucking god, are you serious?" She groaned, taking in the restaurant I called heaven, then she glared when she saw Harry and I. Yet he hadn't seen yet and still held a piece of taco meat between his fingers. The pieces that fell out of our tacos had been thrown at each other while we ate, and we attempted to catch them. So we were being pigs.

"Okay, ready?" I nodded and kept my eye on it. "One. Two. Three!" He tossed it and I jumped to catch it, groaning when it bounced off my nose.

"Dammit!" I muttered, slumping in my seat. Harry laughed and tucked my long hair behind my ears again, kissing my cheek.