Chapter 26

“I think she’s caught between who she is and who she wants to be.”

                                        -Unknown

“Hello, my darling, of all beauties.” I smiled up at Harry, kissing the bottom of his jaw.

“Hello, my king of all weird faces.” Harry chuckled and stepped back, motioning towards an unknown person behind him. He was a shorter boy with blonde hair and light blue eyes.

“This is Niall Horan, he’s new.” I gave an awkward wave to him, not smiling, but stepping incredibly close to Harry. He took my hand, gently running his thumb over the back of my hand.

“Hello love, what’s your name?” Louis chirped. I looked up at Harry for a moment and then looked back at Louis.

“Kellie.” He took my free hand, planting a big fat kiss upon the back.

“Lovely to meet you darling.” I smiled and shook his hand gently.

The second he released my hand, I wrapped it around Harry’s forearm. “Is it okay if he hangs out with us after school?” Harry murmured, looking down at me with his wide beautiful eyes.

I bit my lip, really wishing to say no. But I knew Harry and his big heart were already set on being friends with Niall and welcoming him to Cheshire. I knew that he wouldn’t do it unless I agreed, and as much as I loved spending all our time alone together, I think Harry was getting a bit lonely.

“Sure.” I stated, smiling softly, uncomfortably up at him.

Harry grinned and tugged my back to his chest, swaying me slightly as he talked to Niall about some soccer game he’d forced me to ‘watch’. I’d just curled on his chest and fell asleep, and I knew that was another thing Harry needed, a friend to watch soccer and football with. We slowly moved forward in the lunch line, my head resting on Harry’s chest, smiling as Harry’s chest rumbled as him and Niall spoke like old friends.

We finally got our lunch, Harry carrying my tray to where we sat everyday, by the windows. He sat down in his seat next to me, Niall across from us, and kissed my cheek before the two teen boys dug into their food like wild animals, whereas I sat and picked at my food.

While Niall and Harry took a short break in their deep conversation of who sucked at being a quarterback this season, Harry leaned closer to me, planting a gentle kiss to my cheek. “Please eat for me, baby.” He muttered. “Gotta keep you healthy, don’t we?”

I bit my lip and stabbed my fork into a chicken strip, taking a bite out of it. A wide smile pulled at Harry’s soft lips and he slipped his arm around my shoulders.

“I guess.” He chuckled and pressed a kiss to my lips.

“Thank you, sweetheart.”

I nodded and continued to nibble, head resting on Harry’s shoulder.

I closed my eyes and listened to the deeps tones of Harry’s voice, feeling something inside me grow heavy as I realized what a good person he was. He just took in anyone he saw, welcoming new kids, comforting the freaks like myself. He accepted everyone and hated practically no one. It made me feel like complete shit. Here I was, in love with an angel, yet the most hateful bitch to ever walk the surface of earth.

I frowned and nuzzled into Harry’s side, his cologne comforting my worried thoughts of how to become better for him.

“I love you.” I whispered into his t-shirt sleeve

“I love you more.” Harry stated, in the middle of his conversation with Niall, kissing the top of my head.

I smiled and sighed, letting my mind wander on things of Harry.

...Harry’s POV…

“Your girlfriends really quiet mate.” Niall said after we walked Kellie back to her class, all these damn honors classes still surprised the fuck out of me.

“Yeah, she doesn’t really like talking, or people. Or touching. She doesn’t really like much actually.” I chuckled, turning down the hallway. “She actually hates almost everyone in this school. It’s nice, because I don’t have to worry about someone swooping in and winning her over, because she literally hates everything and everyone.”

Niall laughed. “She doesn’t seem like that type.”

Because she doesn’t want to be.

I shook out my thoughts, looking back at my new friend. “So it’s alright if I swing by after school?” Niall asked, scratching his arm awkwardly.

“Yes, of course. Why wouldn’t you be able to come over?” I smiled and rolled my eyes. I led him to the last hour of the day, our shared class, Automotive Technology.

I hated this fucking class. So much. It was the worst, and most boring thing ever.

But having Niall there to whisper to and joke with made it a tiny bit better, since the rest of the people in the class were a bunch of douche bags. They all pissed me off, all the fucking time.

The class finally ended after about, ten centuries. Niall and I were out within moments, walking towards Kellie’s classroom. I was excited to see her wonderful face after a long hour of automotive tech.

We reached her classroom, and there she stood, leaning against the brick wall, eyes scanning over a piece of paper in her hand. I smiled and walked over, pecking her cheek lightly before setting my head on her shoulder and looking at what she was reading.

“It’s some honors thing.” She dismissed, stuffing the paper in her back pocket before taking my hand from her waist, fingers entwining with mine.