Chapter 9

I don’t make you feel special, I just remind you that you are special.”

                                                                                                                                -David F. Sims

I groaned as  that piece of shit alarm went off, officially ending the only escape I had from the shit show that we called life. I slammed my hand down on the alarm clock, letting my anger out on it as I heard the sound of my mothers voice in the other room as she talked to step-ugly.

“How’d she go from amazing to scum?” I murmured, looking at the picture of my dad, brother, and I that sat on my nightstand. I quickly glanced away as i felt that familiar knot form in my throat, and i tucked it away under my mattress again, where the bitch never looked. It was safest there.

With a deep breath, I crawled out of my bed and dragged my lazy ass to the bathroom where I took a shower, brushed through my hair, brushed my teeth, and then went to my room to get dressed and finish my routine. I finished and was halfway down the stairs when a loud knock echoed throughout the house. I frowned, looking at the time on my phone and pulled the large oak open.

There stood the only person who could decide whether I lived another day or not. Harry was leaning against the door frame, hands shoved deep in his pockets, his white v-neck hanging loosely on his rock hard frame, curls haphazardly thrown up into a quiff on his head.

“Well good morning beautiful.” He grinned, those adorable dimples of his denting his cheeks.

I shyly smiled back, allowing him to come in. “I was just getting ready to leave.” I stated.

Harry nodded and looked into the kitchen. “Have you eaten yet?” I shook my head as I turned and scooped up my favorite pair of torn up old converse. “No? Do you wanna stop on the way for something?”

I shook my head once again. “I don’t eat breakfast.” I stated, standing up and brushing my ass off from any possible dirt specks that could’ve stuck to my black jeans.

“Don’t eat breakfast?” Harry gasped over dramatically, placing his hand over his heart.

“That’s right, what’s so wrong about it?” I raised a challenging eyebrow, and he crossed his arms over his chest, frowning.

“I don’t think I’ve seen you eat a healthy amount since the moment I met you. So we are stopping at McDonald’s to get breakfast. because you’re American, and I’m hungry.” I frowned.

“I don’t need anything, I’m not hungry.” Harry shrugged and picked up my back pack. I grabbed onto the strap, digging my heels into the wooden floor. “What do you think you’re doing?” I asked.

“I’m driving you to school, obviously. What kind of man would I be if I didn’t take my girl?” He raised his eyebrows as I rolled my eyes.

“You’d be a normal one.” I huffed.

“Well, you’re stuck with me, so come along darling.” He took my hand and practically dragged me out of my house and to his truck where he opened the door and helped me in, being one of those cliche gentlemen. It was odd to know that chivalry really wasn’t dead mainly because of like ten men on the planet.

As Harry had stated, we stopped along the way for McDonalds and he bought me a McMuffin and Sprite. The whole idea of breakfast was foreign, so I sat and stared at the sandwich for a while as we sat in the parking lot, then Harry groaned and practically force fed me.

“There’s the American in you.” he stated as I finally took a bite on my own. I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my pop.

“I’m not a breakfast person, another American thing. We’re too busy for breakfast.” I huffed.

Harry nodded with a roll of his eyes and a small smirk, and started the car, leaving the McDonald’s parking lot behind us. “Can we not go to school today?” I groaned, looking out the window as I continued to eat.

“Sorry darling, but we both have important lives to learn for.” Harry replied enthusiastically.

“Yes, cause I will need the pythagorean theorem in the middle of the fucking grocery store.” Harry snapped and pointed at me.

“There, now you’ve got it.” I frowned.

“I’m the only one allowed to be sarcastic here, Harold.”

“Not rightfully so, Kellniqua.” i bit my lip and laughed as I stared at him.

“What?” Harry shrugged and stopped at a red light.

“You used my full name, and Kellie is your full name. So I made up a different one.” I sighed in disappointment and leaned my head against the window. “At least you didn’t roll your eyes again. You do it so much, I honestly fear that your eyes will roll right out of your head one day.”

“You’re an odd one.” I murmured, looking over at the curly haired idiot that i was semi-dating.

“But you like it.” He replied, taking a right.

“Only ‘cause you make me feel like I’m one in a million.” A large hand suddenly laced with mine, and I glanced over at Harry.

“Because you are one in a million. Actually, more like one in a couple billion.” I sighed, a smile fighting it’s way to my lips.

“No shit, Sherlock.”

“You know what I mean. You are special is what I’m trying to say.” I shrugged.

“Whatever you say.” Harry frowned for a moment, but sighed and squeezed my hand gently as we pulled into the parking lot. he parked in a spot in the very back and got out, jogging to my side of the car to open the door, then took out both our bags, refusing to let me carry mine.

“You may carry this.” He said, holding his hand out. I raised my eyebrow, but gave in and locked my fingers with his. As we walked into the school harry swung our hands back and forth while whistling the song from Kill Bill and smiling at his friends every once in a while.

It was odd that he paid such little attention to the affections he unknowingly shared with me as we simply walked through the school. He really did make me feel like one in a billion. He made me feel like I was the most amazing out of any group of girls. I now knew what Rihanna meant, Harry made me feel like I was the only girl in the world.

See what I did there? I’m fucking hilarious aren’t I?