Chapter 28

“I don’t want advice, I just want to talk to someone who gets it.”

                                    -Unknown

“Just try it, for me?” Harry begged, looking at me with pleading green eyes.

“No, I’m not going to some shrink so he can get in my head and lock me up.” I muttered, crossing my arms and burrowing back into Harry’s mattress.

“But what if it makes you feel better? They could give you meds and-”

“They would lock me away in a padded room. Then you’d never get to see me and yet I’d still find a way to be sad.” I replied.

“Why can’t you be optimistic, just this once?” Harry groaned, falling onto the bed near my feet. “I just want you to be happy and feel better.” I gently kicked his side, his face turning towards me.

“I feel better with you. Isn’t that enough?” He shook his head and I groaned. “I don’t want to go, and there’s no way that you can make me.”

Harry groaned, the deep sound filling up the room before suddenly stopping, his large warm body shuffling up the bed towards me, his head falling to rest on my stomach. I smiled softly down at him, running my fingers through his hair. “You make me happy, that’s all that matters.”

“It’s not enough.” He whispered, looking up at me through his thick lashes. “I’m not enough.”

“You’ll always be enough to me.” I murmured.

Silence floated around us, thick like fog, and made that irritating piercing noise fill my mind. Finally I gave up and scooted down in the bed, snuggling into Harry’s chest. His strong arms immediately wrapped around me, hugging me to him tightly.

“I love you.” I reminded him, kissing the skin above his heart.

“I love you more.” He replied in a soft voice, kissing the top of my head before standing. “Come along my dear, let’s go out.”

“I hate the people.” He shrugged.

“We don’t have to be with people.”

“I hate restaurants.”

“We don’t have to go to any.”

“I hate everything outside this house.”

Harry chuckled and shook his head, his curls flopping around wildly. “Come on, we need to see the outdoors every once in a while, and I have a feeling I can change your mind about hating everything but my house.”

I shrugged and got up, leaning against the headboard for a moment while I waited for Harry to rise. I smiled once he did, jumping up and onto him, instantly being caught in his strong reassuring grasp. I giggled softly and rested my head on his shoulder, gazing up at him. “You confuse me sometimes.” Harry stated, walking me to his dresser where he sat me down and dug around for some clothes, pulling out skinny jeans and a cream jumper. He went into the bathroom and began to change as I remained where he’d set me down.

“Why is that?” I asked, picking at the rip in my jeans.

“You say you hate everything, and mention how sad you are. But then you can be that giggly little angel that I’m in love with.” He replied, emerging in his fresh set of clothes, throwing his dirty set in the hamper.

I shrugged and grinned as he picked me up once more. “It’s an effect that you have on me.” I murmured, kissing his jaw. “You’re handsome, by the way.”