i was never gone - pietro & thor (pt 1)

prompt: you were taken by hydra months ago and the avengers lost hope that you were still alive. while you're being tortured, pietro and thor are dealing the the loss of their love.

1:45 pm, iceland

1:45 pm, iceland

you run out of the HYDRA building, sweat covering your forehead. you pump your arms as fast as you could, scared someone had already noticed you were gone. you had zero clue where you were and you didn't have any way of contact. you were scared, but you know that you were trained for this.

you keep running until you find yourself lost in the woods.

"oh my god," you sigh, tears brimming in your eyes.

you were cold and hungry with no where to go. it's been two months since HYRDA captured you and you could only assume everyones thought you were dead. your mind travels to pietro as you sink down to the ground. thor's smiling face soon replaces pietro and you cry. all of your friends are probably grieving you as you sit under a tree, very much alive, yet so close to giving up. the thought of them pushed you to stand up and keep running.

after about two days of being on the run, you knew HYRDA was looking for you around the woods. their helicopters flew over you a couple times and you made sure to stay hidden in the trees.

as you slowed down your running to a walk, you look up to see a town. you nearly jump with excitement and adrenaline rushes through your veins, encouraging you to start running again.

once you reach the town, you go into shops, asking for a phone or anything to contact the avengers, but they all decline saying they didn't have them. on your way to the last shop, you see someone clicking on a flip phone. you hurry over to them and stop a couple feet away.

"would you be so kind to let me barrow your phone real quick?" you beg, looking directly at the stranger.

he thinks about it for a second before slowly nodding his head and handing it to you. you smile before quickly dialing tony's number. now you were grateful you remembered most of your friends numbers.

"sir, do you know where we are?" you asked the man who gave you his phone.

"vik," he says, giving you a confused look.

"country?" you give him an even more puzzled look.

"iceland..." he trails off, wondering if her should've given her his phone.

tony didn't answer, so you left him a voicemail of saying exactly where you were and not to call this number back.

you then called steve, natasha, sam, and bruce, being the only numbers you remembered, but nobody was answering. you left them all voicemails, saying the same thing you did for tony.

your last call was to pietro, but he didn't answer either. the man kindly asked for your phone back and you nodded, handing him his phone back.

that's when you thought all hope was lost. what if they got new numbers? what if they all just accepted that you died? you didn't even know if they knew you had been taken by HYDRA, but you had the tiniest bit of hope that maybe they were all on a mission and couldn't answer.