tears - thor

prompt: thor wants revenge on the man who killed his first and only love.

thor had been thinking of all the memories he had with you

thor had been thinking of all the memories he had with you. he wasn't sure if he should be sad or mad. he was sad because he had just lost his best friend and lover, but mad that he wasn't able to protect you like he said he would.

"come on, big guy," tony says, walking into your old room. thor sat at the end of your bed, wiping tears streaming down his face. "it's time." tony pats his back before leaving the room and getting onto the jet.

the avengers, your family, and your friends were scattered across two jets. one for the avengers and one for family and friends. they were heading to the place you said you wanted to be when you die.

as thor entered the jet, he twirled the ring on his finger. the ring you gave him as a promise you would get married in the future. thor was only going to have a wedding for you, he would do anything for you, including giving up his own life for yours.

(y'all idk if you want to be buried or cremated or just set off to sea, so were going to skip that part)

thor held his hammer in his hands, but before he flew away, steve stopped him.

"don't do anything reckless until we have a plan, okay?" thor glared at him, but slowly nodded his head. "come by the hq in a couples days, tony and i should have come up with a plan by then." steve pulled him into a quick hug, which they both needed.

"thank you," thor says, patting his back before pulling away.

"you're welcome," steve turns and walks away, heading back to the jet.

thor had your promise ring on a chain hanging around his neck signifying his heart will forever be belonged to you.

-

thor entered the hq and headed to tony's office. he knocks before entering, learning from you that it is the polite thing to do before entering a room.

"have you come up with anything yet?" thor asks, seeing steve and bruce both in the room.

"of course i have, i'm a genius." tony remarks, standing up and heading towards the board. "here's what we're gonna do..."

-

the avengers had rushed into the hydra base for two things; the mission fury had assigned and to find the man who murdered you. thor remember what he looked like, it was clear as day for him.

"thor, if you find him, do not kill him. we're taking him to the raft where he will rot, got it?" tony reminds thor, knowing if thor found him he would probably kill him.

"crystal clear." thor storms into the building, blasting everyone with thunder and hitting a couple with his hammer.

he searches for the man throughout the people he knocked out, but no luck.

"where is he?" thor mumbled lowly as he checked every room for him.

he ran into the basement to see him trying to get away. thor immediately blasted him with lighting and threw his hammer at him. he ran up the man and set his hammer on his chest making it impossible for him to get up.

"you'll pay for what you did, you son of a bitch!" thor blows a punch to the right side of his face and then the left. 

he's about to swing again, but steve grabs his wrist.

"thor, i know you want revenge, but he will be paying for his debts in a cell for the rest of his life." thor yanks his hand out of steves grasp and strikes one more time before standing up.

"i needed to do that." thor says, grabbing his hammer and stepping back. "i can't even look at him." thor turns, feeling his tears brim in his eyes. 

flashback

"you can't and won't get away with this. the avengers will find you and until they do, you'll live your life in an endless fear of them finding you." you threaten, trying to save your life as he holds a knife to your neck.

"i could care less what they think they can do to me-"

you cut him off with a loud laugh, the blade getting tighter against your neck.

"s-sorry, it's just insulting on how much you underestimate them." you say with a low chuckle.

"y/n?" thor booms as he enters the room.

he sees the man holding a knife to your neck and thors hands immediately start to spark.

"let her go!" thor slowly stalks closer, not trying to trigger him.

"don't move or i'll kill her." the man threatens, slowly cutting lightly against your neck, drawing a bit of blood.

"you kill her and you'll immediately be on my hit list. and rodgers, stark's, banner's, romanoff's, and especially maximoff's. if i were you, i wouldn't mess with her." thor tries to buy time, waiting for natasha to show up with a gun. "if you kill her, nothing will go in your favor." thor warns him.

"you must be together because of the matching rings," he pauses. "cute." he taunts.

you take the chance to grab his arm and flip him over onto his back. he grabs onto your ankle and yanks you down next to him. thor charges towards you, but it's too late. the man had stabbed your stomach and crawled away.

thor didn't even notice him as he dropped to his knees and held you against him, kissing your head softly.

"tell everyone a good-bye for me, okay?" you say, knowing your on the verge of death.

"no-"

"thor," you whisper, grabbing onto his hand. "i love you," you croak out, feeling light headed at the loss of blood. "i'll see you again, i promise." thor leans down to kiss your lips and you perk your lips up for a second before they fall into a neutral place.

thor's tears were uncontrollable as he made everything around you two rain and thunder. he let out a loud scream, slowly letting go of you and standing up.

he bursts and streaks of thunder surround him, heading down from the sky. he looks down at you and immediately falls to his knees, stopping the thunder and holding you close until natasha comes running in, steve closely behind her.

flashback over

the cell locks and thor lets out a sigh of relief knowing he couldn't hurt anyone else. steve and tony said their goodbyes to thor and he watches the helicopter fly away into the storm.

"hemidel, bring me home." he says, holding your ring.