i was never gone - thor's ending

you sigh and lightly shake your head

"piet," you trail off.

you didn't know how to break it to him that you were in love with thor. the last thing you wanted to do was break his heart.

"i'm sorry, but i just-" pietro shushes you and grabs your hand.

"i know, i always see the way you look at him. i just thought that maybe you might feel the same way." you can almost hear his heart shatter so you grab his hand.

"you know i love you," you pause, hearing hearing him sigh. "i really do love you pietro, okay?" you look at the door to see thor's back quickly disappear. "but you're my best friend and thor... he's just..." you didn't even know how to put it into words on how you felt about him.

"i know." he drops your hand and looks down at his lap. "i just need time, by myself." he states and you nod, quickly leaving the room to run after thor.

you look outside to see it down pouring, lightning streaks beaming in the sky. you knew thor had heard your private conversation and that's why you pumped your arms faster. you were almost 100% sure he was about to leave for asgard.

you turn a couple corners before seeing him standing out side, holding his hand out for his hammer. you quickly open the doors, expecting to get wet by the rain, but you felt nothing. you look down to see a circle around you, almost as if you had an umbrella over your head.

"thor?" you yell, trying to get his attention.

just as he turns around, his hammer lightly grazes your ear, but still knocking you on the ground. thor immediately runs towards you, asking if you're alright.

"y/n?" he bends down next to you and grabs your cheek, sitting you upright. "i'm beyond sorry, are you alright?" you open your eyes and nod.

"peachy." he looks at your ear to see a cut, but you ignore it.

you stand up, thor following you, and grab his hands, intertwining them together. he looks down at your hands, confused on why you were touching considering you just confessed your love for another man.

"did you happen to hear any of that?" you ask and grunts out a quiet yes. "pietro kissed me-" thor immediately felt a strike of jealousy course through him.

"what?" he booms, hearing your down tone about the kiss only led him to think he did it without consent. "he can't get away with this!" you lightly laugh, making him look down at you completely confused.

"he's my best friend, it's okay. as i was saying, he kissed me and i told that i didn't feel the same. that i fell in love with another man." thor's brow quirks up and he smirks.

"who might be this man?" he pushes, his ego taking over.

"he's very sexy and has a good heart," thor grabs your waist and holds you against him. "but he can be very egotistical, which is very annoying." you pause, putting your hand on your chin. "although, the fact he is a literal god makes up for it, almost as if i expect a god to have a big ego." you mumble that last part but thor catches it.

"what might his name be?" he asks, his accent really showing through as his voice gets deeper.

"i think it was lord or thunder or pointbreak?" you pretend to think. "yup, it was for sure pointbreak." you laugh lightly, thor chuckling along.

"i also have fallen for a girl with a horrible attitude, but a gorgeous face and an amazing personality. her name is y/n, you might know her from the team that destroys cities from problems they created." you lightly shake your head, going along with it.

"don't know her, but i'm sure i could do better than her." you trail your hand up his chest and rest it on his cheek.

"nobody could compare." his breath hitches as you lean up and pull his head down.

your lips connect and you both smile. his lips move slowly against yours in sync before stopping. thor pulls you into his chest and sticks his hand out for his hammer. he looks over at half of the avengers team pointing their cameras at you. he readies his aim and throws it at the window. they all scramble before the hammer even had the chance touched the glass. thor has mew mew (if you don't get it we can't be friends) come back to him before shattering the glass and whispers to heimdall to take him home with you in his arms.