breaking up, respectfully - bucky

prompt: you and bucky have been friends for awhile and you both start to develop feelings for one another. after dating for five months, you both had realized your relationship was meant to be platonic.

(no gif bc wattpad is being stupid asf)

"fine?" you question loudly, confused on how this turned into a somewhat normal conversation.

"fine...?" bucky asks, crinkling his face.

"yup," you trail off, feeling a bit awkward.

"yup," he agrees with you, yet still confused on what he was agreeing to.

"stop repeating what i'm saying." you cross your arms and glare.

"okay then, done."

"great..." you step back and lean against the door.

"okay, so... we're done." bucky should feel heart broken and on the verge of breaking down, but you two were best friends and he knew that your relationship was meant to be platonic.

"i guess so," you say before opening the door. "but can we still go get dinner at *insert fancy restaurant*? it was really hard to get those reservations and you're my only free friend." bucky smiles, knowing everything would be okay.

"okay course, doll. i'll pick you up at 6:30 pm." he says, resisting the urge to smirk.

"aye," you point your finger at him. "you know how 'doll' makes me feel, bucky. you can't call me that anymore." you warn with a grin.

"okay, okay, i'll stop." he walks up to you and grabs the back of your neck, his breathe fanning over your lips. "or maybe-"

"james," you chuckle and he grins widely.

"i thought it was worth a try. you know, you weren't half bad in bed-" he shouts as he watches you walk away.

"i'm going to ask you nicely to shut the fuck up!" he can hear the hint of tease in your voice and he smiles, unable to control it.