stones - steve

prompt: you plan to confess your love for steve, but there were complications.

as you waited for bruce to finish up, you watched steve hug his two best friends

as you waited for bruce to finish up, you watched steve hug his two best friends. after thanos, you came to realize life is short and it's all about taking risks, so after steve came back from returning the stones, you would tell him how you felt.

before you were blipped, you and steve had a close relationship. sleepovers in each others room, pizza and a movie on friday night, and you both had opened up about each others past. you quickly fell, but you kept it bottled down because you didn't want to complicate things. when you figured out you were blipped, you came to realization that if bruce wouldn't have snapped, you would've never seen steve again. that rose your confidence and you knew you had to tell him.

it was pretty stupid of you to tell him after he returned the stones because anything could happen, but you never thought of it.

"be safe," you say as he approaches you.

"i always am." he circles his arms around you and sighs, knowing this could be the last time he ever hugged you. "i love you, y/n." he says in a friendly way and you nod.

"i love you more, now," you pull away and smile. "don't take too long, i have to speak with you later." you smirk and he gives you a thumbs up.

"i could never stay away from you," he winks before turning around.

you spank his ass and say; "that is america's  ass." he swats at you and walks away.

"imagine if i smacked your ass, hm?" he says as he sets his hands on his hips.

"i wouldn't see a single thing wrong with it." he smiles at you one last time before he disappears.

you walked away, grabbing your phone out of your back pocket and dialing natasha's number. it went to voicemail as expected and you started talking.

"hey nat, we miss you a lot," you pause and look at the ground, tears spilling from your eyes. "i'm finally going to tell him how i feel, just like you said i should all those years ago-"

"y/n!" you look behind you to see bucky waving you in.

you end the call and jog back over.

"what happened? what's wrong?" you ask frantically as bucky lightly shakes his head.

"look," he looks in the direction of the lake and you follow his gaze.

when you see him, your heart crushes.

"y/n," bucky walks up to you and hugs you. "i'm sorry, i know how you feel about him." you didn't know how bucky knew, but you didn't question it, only softly crying into his shoulder.

"what did he do- i just don't understand. why?" you stutter as you stare at him talking to sam.

steve turns to you and frowns when he sees you crying.

"steve, she loves you." sam says, sitting down next to him. "steve..." sam trails off and steve nods.

"i know, but she deserves someone better. someone who can fulfill her needs, i was never the one."

"where is she going to find someone better than you?" sam jokes and steve chuckles.

"there's-"

"steve, i'm going to rip your head off, you little shit!" he hears you yell as you approach him.

"someones in trouble." sam says before backing away.