never be her - steve (pt 2)

not edited besties

not edited besties

steve texted, called, and even came to natasha's house just so he could talk to you, but you ignored him. nat wouldn't let him step foot inside her house until you said it was okay and you thanked her for that.

"please, eleven could kick your ass." you joke and nat scoffs.

"i'd like to her try." you take a big gulp of water and turn your attention to nat.

"you know i was joking-" you look back at the screen with a smirk. "-we all know how freakishly good you are at aiming."

"what can i say, i'm women of many talents." you both turn to each other and laugh.

"god, you're such a flirt." you stand up to go get another bowl of popcorn when the doorbell goes off.

you'd assumed it was thor because ever since you made him a sandwich with nutella and bananas a couple nights ago, he kept coming over for more.

"come in, thor." you say as you were closer to the door than natasha.

the door opens with a creak and you hear heavy footsteps. you turn with a smile, expecting to be met with the goofy grinned god, but that smile immediately drops when you see steve.

"what are you-" steve shushes you by putting his hands on your mouth.

"if natasha knows i'm here, she'll kick me out and i'll never have the time to explain myself." you slap his hand away and cross your arms.

"i hope natasha does kick you out!" you whisper yell.

"please, y/n. i beg you to just listen to me." you could hear the desperation in his voice and you finally agreed, slightly nodding your head.

you lead him outside and sit on the marble island.

"two minutes."

"y/n, i need you to know i fully understand what i said and did was wrong and the last thing i ever wanted to do was compare you to her. the truth is you are not her and you will never be and that's what i love about you. the amount of women i've met who tried to act like peggy to get my attention is just horrible. they changed their personality to be like someone i used to love." you feel a bit of hope when he says 'used to love'. "you never did that. you never changed the way you looked or acted just so i would acknowledge you." he grabs your cheek and runs the pad of his thumb under your eye, collecting the fallen tears. "y/n, you are strong, independent, fierce, and so much more." he smiles and talks with hand motions. "i've met a lot of women in my life and they only touched the line, you went above and beyond and completely shattered my standards. when i was away from you, i'd get lost in the memories of when you walked into a room the first thing i noticed was your eyes and big smile. a smile so bright it could like up the room. your laughter is contagious and whenever i found myself in a bad mood, you'd come in and your presence would simply make me feel better. and i've missed your voice. especially in the morning, you'd greet me with a series of kisses and laughter and i've missed it. i missed you." he moves in between your legs and grabs the other side of your face. "i love you, y/n, never forget that."

you wrap your arms around him and sob into his shoulder. he shushes you softly while gently rubbing your back, stuffing his face in your neck. it felt so good to be in his arms again. you had missed the safety and security he assured you.

steve sighs into your neck, feeling your goosebumps rise from the action. he had missed you so much and he was very pleased when you pulled him into a hug.

"i missed you, steve." you whispers, trying to contain your hiccups, but failing.

"i missed you more, i'm so sorry for what i did. i never-" you place your lips onto his and pull him closer.

you grab the back of his head and tangle your fingers into his hair. his lip swipes against you bottom, wanting to explore your mouth, but you refuse and pull away.

"i forgive you, but i'll never forget." he looks deeply into your eyes and nods, putting his forehead against yours. "i love you more." you finally say back and he smiles, knowing he had gotten the love of his life back.