memories - thor

prompt: it was the tenth anniversary of your death and thor was going through old photos, trying to relive old memories.

thor sat in his house, alone, while staring at pictures of his family

"y/n," thor whines. "take the picture." he smiles widely as he holds his two children on his shoulders.

"okay, okay, hold on!" you almost drop the camera, but manage to hold it still to take a single picture.

thor sets down his daughter and son gently on the grass and hurries over to you. he grabs your face and squeezes your cheeks.

"i love you," he grins as you drop the camera. "y/n." he laughs, his head falling to your shoulder and releasing your cheeks.

"sorry, i just got lost in your eyes." you say cheekily and wrap your arms around his waist.

your puppy kept the children occupied while you and thor joke around.

"as i did yours." thor circles his arms around your shoulders and turns so you both can watch your kids and puppy play.

"i almost forgot to tell you i love you more." you rest your chin on his chest and look up into his eyes.

his nose crinkles and he slightly pushes you away.

"fuck you." he whispers in your ear so only you could hear.

"are you planning on it?" you half joke with a smirk.

his eyes grew dark of the dirty thoughts filling his mind.

"you're so annoying, y/n. i was doing just fine until you said that!" thor pouts and you grab his hands.

"you started it by whispering in my ear," you kiss his cheek and leave him to go play with your kids.

thor smiles at the memory. it was perfect. seventy degree weather with his children playing in the grass with their new puppy while you and thor teased each other.

he picks out a new picture and it was one he took.

your dog laid on your lap as both of your kids cuddle into your right and left side, your arms draped around them. you were all sleeping soundly as a random movie played in the background, the tv screen lighting up your features.

thor was going to get a late night snack when he noticed you weren't next to him. he went to check his kids room and almost cried when they weren't there. he thought you grabbed your essentials and left with the kids, but every thought, every doubt faded the moment he saw you on the couch.

he didn't notice his fallen tears and swipes them away the moment he realized.

thor always found himself missing his family, seeing as he outlived everyone. you felt so bad that he had to live through all of these deaths, but you knew thor always wanted a family and would do anything to have one, especially with you.

"i miss you guys." he sadly smiles, wiping more tears as he looks up at the sunroof.

it was a bright, clear day, just like the one in the first photo.