remember me - bucky

prompt: you try to bring back the memories you and bucky shared in the 40s.

not edited

not edited

you jumped out of helicopter to run after bucky. sam was flying above you and steve was close behind bucky. you landed and continued running, looking over your shoulder a couple times as you were waiting for natasha to pick you up. you soon saw her on her motorcycle cycle going about sixty mph. you slowled down and so did natasha. she stopped her bike and you got on behind her, holding on as she sped to get in front of bucky.

"rodgers," natasha warns. "be careful."

"i always am." you reply with a smirk.

as natasha passed bucky, you jumped off and stood silently, waiting for him to catch up to you. you heard natasha stop the bike and her quick footsteps approach you.

bucky slowed his pace as he realized he was surrounded.

"bucky!" you called out, gaining his attention. "you gotta remember me, you just have to." you whisper the last part.

"i don't know who bucky is, okay?" he grits out of his teeth, slowly stalking towards you and natasha.

"james buchanan barnes, known as bucky, born march 10th, 1917. you were steve rodgers best friend and y/n rodgers boyfriend." you say trying to trigger a memory. "remember when you asked me to be your girlfriend? you told me not to tell steve because he strictly told you i was off limits. we kept us a secret until you were drafted, which you told me not to tell steve either. you have to remember us, bucky." you say as you step towards him.

bucky knew he had no chance again four people, two of them being super soldiers, so he gave up. he was tired and he needed a break. the feeling the women talking gave him was not fear, unlike many others, it was comforting. he felt as if he could trust her and that was the only reason he gave up and dropped to his knees.

you walk up to him and slowly kneel.

"it's y/n, james. it's me." you pause, lifting up your hand. "remember how much you said you loved my hands? you said you loved to hold them and play with my fingers because they were so small compared to yours. you said they were soft and perfect for a rough man like you." you grab his hand, your heart beating out of your chest.

"i'm sorry," he whispers looking up with a familiar face. "i remember, doll." the first memory of you was you smiling while he called you your favorite pet name, doll.

"bucky?" you smile and he sadly nods.

you wanted to hug him, but you didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable, so you just stood up, hand in hand, and walked over to steve.

"let's go home." you smile as steve pats bucky's back.