five

royce and miguel stood in front of johnny's new dojo

royce and miguel stood in front of johnny's new dojo. royce kept looking at miguel and her dad.

"shouldn't miguel have a gi-"

"quiet!", johnny screamed. scaring the pair of teenagers in the room. "the student only speaks when spoken to. is that understood?"

"yes sensei",royce said loudly.

"yes",miguel said.

johnny got close to miguel, "it's 'yes sensei' ". miguel nodded. "miguel will get his gi when he's earned it, royce has one because she has more experienced".

royce straightened her back. as miguel stood the same way.

"now, are you two losers ready to begin your training?" johnny asked.

"yes, sensei", the two teens said in sync. they looked towards eachother and smiled and turned back.

johnny moved so quickly, royce could swear he was quicksilver. he flipped her over. she landed on the floor with a thump. "bitchballs", royce groaned.

"language!" miguel scolded. royce just rolled her eyes and got up.

"lesson one. strike first. never wait for the enemy to attack." johnny said, gesturing to his daughter. miguel just stood there, until he was thrown on the hard mat.

"could've given me a warnin-" "quiet!" johnny yelled. "we do not train to be merciful here. mercy is for the weak. here on the street, in the competition, a man confronts you. he is enemy", he informed the pair.

miguel pulled out his inhaler, royce stood there with her jaw open, facepalming.

"an enemy deserves no mercy. what's the problem mr.diaz?" johnny asked.

miguel tried to catch his breath, as royce kept looking at him. "there's no problem sensei, you punched me and i have asthma so...".

johnny cut miguel off, taking the inhaler out of his hands and throwing at the wall with hard force.

"dad! i mean sensei!" royce exclaimed.

"shut up"

royce shut her mouth instantly.

"not anymore, we do not allow weakness in this dojo , so you can leave your asthma and your other allergies bullshit outside. understood?" johnny continued.

royce scoffed, "dad, asthma just doesn't go away", johnny raised an eyebrow. "i mean sensei".

"yes it can" he continues. "cobra kai isn't about just karate. it's about a way of life. take that first lesson". johnny points to the wall behind him with six words painted on it.

𝑆𝑇𝑅𝐼𝐾𝐸 𝐹𝐼𝑅𝑆𝑇
𝑆𝑇𝑅𝐼𝐾𝐸 𝐻𝐴𝑅𝐷
𝑁𝑂 𝑀𝐸𝑅𝐶𝑌

𓆙𓆙

royce walked around the halls , until she spotted a familiar figure. she ran up to him.

"hey miggy!" she exclaimed. miguel turned around and smiled.

"hey rory!"

"what are you up to?" royce questioned.

"i'm going to lunch right now, want to go with?"

"i would but i usually skip lunch because i don't sit with anyone-" her sentence got cut off by miguel dragging her by the arm and looping it around his.

"well, you don't have to skip because you'll have me" miguel smiled towards her, she returned it.

she nodded, "fine".

the pair walked around the cafeteria, looking for a place to sit. they both found a table with two boys sitting alone.

"is it cool if we sit here?" miguel quietly asks, and the boy with dark hair laughs, "oh sorry, tables really blowing up right now. i can put you on the waitlist , it's probably next semester at the earliest".

royce frowns a little, "oh sorry for interrupting".

"no! i'm kidding, sit".

royce went to sit beside the boy who hasn't spoken a word yet, wearing a sweater. she took a quick glance at him , but he was already staring, so he turned away quickly.

miguel sat himself next to the boy with dark hair.

"demetri. this is eli. he's a man of few words". he gestured towards eli.

"hi! i'm royce! but you can call me rory!" she said happily.

"and i'm her friend, miguel". he introduced himself. the boys nodded.

royce kept picking at her food until she smelt a strong smell, "pfftt".

royce looked at miguel who was already looking at blonde and a brunette walked by. she smirked.

"ugh. dude don't torture yourself. those are the rich girls". demetri said, pulling miguel back to reality.

"have you ever spoken to them?" miguel asks .

demetri raised an eyebrow, "you do realize what table y'all are sitting at, right? you've pretty much sighed away all hopes of losing your virginity before college".

royce jumped a little when eli let out a gasp, "oh shiet, yasmine's looking at us. she's probably making fun of me".

royce frowned, "why would you say that?"

eli turned to her, he pointed to his lips. "do you see this thing? it's hideous".

royce huffed, "no! i think it's badass! like what jasper hale said, 'battle scars'!".

royce smiled at him , which he blushed at. miguel suddenly got up and walked towards the group of 'rich people'.

she tilted her head.

suddenly she heard the same guys voice from a couple days ago.

"sup ladies". watching him as she took a seat by the brunette girl. his eyes locked onto miguel, giving him a wave, smirking. making miguel slump back, and turn away.

"see you later rhea!" the ky kid called out. his eyes landing onto royce. "aww you're with the bums daughter. how's your dad doing by the way?"

royce clenched her jaw, giving him the finger. which made the two boys sitting in the table snicker. kyler just scoffed.

𓆙𓆙

royce went home and decided to take a small nap before going to the dojo later .

a/n:

wrote this chapter in like 30 mins sorry if it's sloppy:).