forty-eight

johnny sat impatiently, waiting for the doctor to come out with the health of his daughter

the doors of the hospital opened, revealing the doctor.

"mr. lawrence?", the doctor called out. making johnny jump up from his seat.

"y-yes that's me," johnny gulped.

"hello mr.lawrence. i have some news regarding of your daughter."

johnny nodded his head for him to continue, "your daughter got stabbed by a glass shard that cut her deeply. as you know, you cannot pull something out if it stabs you. so as she did, a piece of glass, the size of a coin, was left in there."

"okay yeah?, please continue."

"uh, we're going to have to do surgery to remove it, if not it'll cut her large intestine."

"i-i don't have enough money-"

"i will pay for it," daniel came out of no where, surprising johnny.

"really? you would do that?," johnny asked.

daniel nodded,"not for you. for royce."

"thank you daniel."

"uh where do i have to sign?", daniel asked the doctor.

"follow me".

johnny sat back down.

royces eyes fluttered open, squinting to the bright lights of the hospital room. she spotted her hand with an IV tube. she grimaced and looked over to her right.

her father was sleeping on the chair, looking like he'll break his neck at any second.

royce coughed a little, making johnny jump and look around the room frantically, and calmed down when he saw his daughter was awake.

she smiled at him as he brought his chair closer, "hey ro, how you feeling?".

"i'm feeling good," royce smiled, then it faltered as she remembered the events of before.

"how long was i out for?".

"a day."

"and is m-miguel okay?," royce inhaled and gulped.

"he's in a coma.. they don't know when he's going to wake up."

royce got off of her hospital bed as the doctor cleared her to get up. she asked the doctor if she can see miguel.

she lied that they were cousins for her to see him. (sorry if that doesn't make sense).

the doctor showed her miguel's room as royce thanked the older male.

royce knocked on the door, it opened revealing mama carmen.

"carmen", royce breathed out.

carmen rushed forward and hugged royce softly as she let out a couple tears come out.

royce rubbed her back soothingly as carmen gave a kiss on the younger girls forehead.

carmen held royces face in a motherly way, "i'm glad you're okay baby", she hugged her once again, moving to right.

royce spotted miguel with a neck brace, and other things attached to him.

"i'll give you some alone time with him."

royce slowly grabbed a chair and sat down next to miguel, grabbing his hand in hers.

"i'm sorry." royce's lip quivered. "i should've been there for you."

she squeezed his hand lightly, "it's no mercy till someone ends up in a coma huh?", royce kissed his cold hand and got up.

+++
jasmins corner

you see , i'm not good with all the medical stuff so-

i think this szn is gonna be a emotional roller coaster

HEY:)

favorite meal? my moms tacos