Chapter 40: Karma

Mia 💛 (POV: A few days after the lounge incident and embarrassing herself at Zane's house)

It had been over two weeks since Joshua had been exonerated from Harper's false rape allegations but it still took time for the University to recant it's expulsion of my brother. However, after they'd finished their own internal investigation, Josh was now allowed back to school.

In a world that seemed dark, it felt amazing to finally be able to walk with my brother around campus and have him walk me to class again; this was my sliver of sunshine in my dark and cloudy mind.

In addition to reversing Joshua's suspension, the university was generous enough to allow him to make up any missed work without penalty; this helped him avoid being pushed back a semester in college.

As Josh and I ambled up to the door of my class, I thought about all the shit we've both been through during this semester. It only solidified how much I needed my brother; how much we needed each other right now.

We stopped right outside the door to my classroom.

I turned to stare up at my little brother who wasn't so little compared to myself.

I smiled weakly at him before speaking.

"Sooo, soon you'll get justice, huh?" I asked with a raised brow.

Joshua nodded his head.

"According to the detective that's handling my case, he's gathered enough evidence to charge and arrest Harper with falsifying a police report." Joshua lowered his head as he shook it in remembrance. "Since Mike died, this has been one of the hardest things I've ever been through.... I should've listened to you about Harper."

I nodded my head in understanding.

I would've said, 'I told you so,' but my brother's been through the ringer and back; he definitely didn't need me rubbing the salt into his wounds.

"I know I've said this to you already, Mia. But, I'm so sorry." Josh lowered his head in shame.

I hated that he was still beating himself up about what happened. He couldn't have known Harper would stoop to such levels and royally screw him like this.

I briefly placed my hand on Joshua's chin for comfort before removing it and changing the subject.

"Don't beat yourself up little bro." Joshua nodded his head in acknowledgement as I continued.

"So what? Are they going to arrest her today? Or sometime soon?" I asked, curiously.

Joshua shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm not sure. All I know is it will be coming...." He exhaled heavily. "Just thinking about her and that situation pisses me the hell off." Josh stated with a slight bite to his words.

I observed as Joshua clenched his jaw in anger while continuing.

"That bitch is going to get what she deserves. I swear to god I'm suing the shit out of her and taking everything she owns, what her parents own, and what her fucking future demon spawn kids will own; her life is over!"

I didn't say anything as I watched the red hot anger radiate off of Joshuas body.

I couldn't blame him; what Harper did was unjustifiable and he had every right to feel the anger that he did. And unfortunately, this was not going to be something he got over soon even if he got his life back.

I was sure that Joshua would probably experience PTSD because of what Harper did to him; it was sad that this might potentially affect any future relationships he might have.