Chapter 16: The End of Ladies Night

Mia 💛

So many thoughts were running through my mind and I didn't know what I should do next. Should I call Rebecca and call her ass out for being a crazy stalker? Or should I confront my brother here and now while I had the chance? I had no clues and the only person that could help me decide was Alicia. I was about to ask her advice but was distracted when I received yet another text from Rebecca. Did this girl not stop with her antics?  I peered down at my phone and quickly scanned through the text message.

Rebecca: Meet me in the parking garage on the third floor... I'll be by the elevators in about 10 minutes.

I didn't respond to Rebecca's message. Instead, I looked towards Alicia while shaking my head in disbelief at what the hell was happening right now.

"The lunatic just sent me another text." I said to Alicia in a wary tone. I watched as she pressed her lips together as I continued. "And she's asking me to meet her in the parking garage."  Alicia shook her head no... right away.

"Are you sure that you wanna do that? Or do you wanna just confront Joshua right here and now?" That was a good question. I looked around the dimly lit restaurant and easily spotted Joshua and Harper sitting near the entrance of the restaurant. I didn't answer Alicia right away because I needed a moment to think this entire situation through.

After a minute or so passed, I decided that the best thing to do was to probably confront my brother alone at a later time and not in front of Harper. I was positive that, if she were involved in my confrontation, then she would probably exacerbate the issue further than it needed to go. I glanced back up at Alicia to confirm my decision.

"Urgh. I know the woman is crazy but I think we should see what she has to say..." I trailed off and waited for Alicia's response. Alicia rubbed her brows as she thought about my decision.

"Alright, but I'm keeping my phone on speed dial just in case." I agreed with a nod of my head; we had no idea what Rebecca was planning.

After deciding our plan, we swiftly got up and headed out through the side patio entrance instead of the front door so that both Josh and Harper would not see us. I made a mental note that I would speak with my little brother later.

Once outside, it didn't take us long to trek across the shopping center and enter into one of the parking garages. The garage had about 5 floors to it  and was dimly lit. Why the hell did Rebecca choose a dark ass meeting spot like this? 

As we walked further into the garage, I could feel the hairs on the back of neck rise to attention from the anticipation that I was feeling through my entire body

As we walked further into the garage, I could feel the hairs on the back of neck rise to attention from the anticipation that I was feeling through my entire body. Rebecca was starting to scare the shit out of me which was intensified due to being slightly tipsy; this made me even more paranoid. Now add in the fact that I felt like someone could be watching us from any of the dark corners and it added to the ominous environment. We'd already been spied on by Rebecca so who was to say this wasn't a deranged game that she was playing where she watched us walk to our imminent deaths. Maybe I watched too many scary movies, but all I knew was this was how the terror always began.