Chapter 8: BEFORE

Mia💛

I was happy for the weekend and finally being able to relax. This semester I was taking more classes than a typical full time student and so I chose not to work and rely solely on scholarships and student loans.

Plus, yesterday had been stressful and I'd even called my dad to ask for advice on what to do upon finding a listening device in my room. I trusted Alicia but I chose not to disclose to anyone except my father, that I'd found it. I had to be smart about this and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

My father advised me to drive to the nearest police precinct and complete a police report. I'd brought both the listening device and my laptop which they took as evidence and dusted for fingerprints.

After what has been going on recently, I felt better that I hadn't just swept this under the rug. I was happy that a case was now on file to document everything that I'd been going through.

Since then, my anxiety had been trying to keep me stressed. Luckily, I had a meeting with my therapist this morning which helped settle and calm my nerves.

Now with all of that out of the way, I could try and focus on tonight. It was 9 pm and I was excited about the bonfire that Jared invited me too.

Since meeting Jared earlier in the week, he'd found me on Facebook and ever since then, we'd been messaging each other nonstop. I was excited for tonight since I would get to see him again while also experiencing my first real college party of this semester. And of course, it wouldn't be a party if Alicia didn't come and support me.

Alicia strolled out of my bathroom after putting on the finishing touches on her flawless makeup.

(Alicia)"Since I told you about the shit Rebecca said yesterday, are you going to confront her?" I asked Alicia as I sifted through my closet to find something to wear

(Alicia)
"Since I told you about the shit Rebecca said yesterday, are you going to confront her?" I asked Alicia as I sifted through my closet to find something to wear. I had absolutely no idea what kind of outfit I was supposed to wear to a college bonfire party.

"First of all, Ima TRY and keep the peace in our household until her lease is up but after that? That bitch gots to go!" She said while rolling her eyes hard. "I'll play nice with her BUT if the bitch keeps running her mouth I don't know if I will last the entire year." She added while plopping onto my bed.

"I swear everyday it's something new with her and it's creeping me the hell out. I think I'm going to put a lock on my room door since I can't trust that she isn't entering my room when I'm not home." I pulled out a flowy floor length yellow dress and showed it to Alicia. "Do you think this would work for tonight? I have no idea what to wear." I asked while putting the dress up to my front as I stood in my floor length mirror. Alicia cut her eyes towards me before bursting out laughing at my choice of attire.

"Jesus Christ Mia, you're hopeless. If you don't burn that entire dress I'll do it for you." She stated while walking towards me and standing by my side. "I know you have some white high wasted shorts in your drawer. Go ahead and pull those suckers out and I'll grab you a cute top that I think would go great with it." While Alicia quickly left the room to grab the top, my phone pinged with a new text.