Chapter 33: Confessions

Zane ♠️

After that day in the hospital, one week went by before Mia finally showed up at school. Since meeting Mia, this was the longest I'd gone without texting or calling her; it was driving me insane.

According to Alicia, Mia had been doing her schoolwork from home until she fully recovered but it wasn't the same. We were halfway through our school semester and we were severely behind on our class project! Even if Mia didn't want to talk with me, I desperately needed to talk to her about our project amongst other things that was bothering me.

So, the first day that Mia came back to school, I attempted to speak with her during our class but, like the time I saw her in the hospital, Mia was unusually hostile towards me. Mia seemed to hate my guts more than I thought made sense. What had I done to wrong her? I raked my brain for answers but no matter how hard I tried, I could not make sense of why she was so angry at me.

Even the fact that we were partners wasn't enough to make her want to talk to me; this whole ignoring me shit was getting old, fast!

On the second day that she arrived at school since her accident, she chose to sit across the room at a different table and it pissed me the hell off.

On top of that fuck shit, Harper only added to my sour mood. She was becoming all too comfortable with me and I needed to nip that shit in the butt.

I wasn't dumb. Harper was like a snake in the grass, always looking for the right opportunity to strike at her prey! In this case, I was the prey who was desperately trying to get away from her. It was painfully obvious that Harper played on the fact that Mia was now choosing to sit across the room instead by us. It seemed that, in Harper's mind, she still believed she had a chance with me and it was pathetic. Every chance she got, she would attempt to talk with me, openly flirt with no shame, and/or laugh obnoxiously at everything I said regardless of it being funny or not.

I was annoyed. I only hoped that Mia wasn't feeding into Harper's obvious mind games. But if I had to guess, by the way I saw Mia steeling glances in our direction, Mia was probably thinking the worst things possible about me. Harper's actions were only adding fuel to the fire.

I couldn't let the tension between Mia and myself to continue. Today, I had a plan to resolve the conflict and I would resolve it by any means necessary.

I was done with the bullshit and I felt like I gave Mia ample amounts of time to get over her tantrum. I had no idea why she was acting the way she was but the more she pretended to loathe me, the more I felt compelled to confront her.

Lord, this woman had me wrapped around her finger. She was going to be the death of me.

I didn't necessarily think this plan through all the way, but the main goal was to get Mia to speak with me. So, before class started, I parked my Jeep a few spots away from where I knew Alicia usually parked her car in the parking garage. Since the accident, Mia had been driving with Alicia to school since she had no car for now. So, after I parked my Jeep, I waited.

The moment I saw the two women pull up,  I hopped out of my Jeep and ambled towards Alicia's car.

As I approached Alicia's car, I called out to Mia.

"Mia, wait..." She jumped up at the sound of my voice.

Alicia stepped out of the car and greeted me briefly with a wave while Mia held onto her chest out of fright.

"Zane, you scared the shit out of me." She stated as she eyed me angrily. It was the first time she'd spoken to me since arriving back to school.

"We need to talk!" I said sternly as I stared back at her.