Chapter 27: Revelations: Part Two

Mia 💛

About an hour after Zane left my house, I heard a knock on my room door and it grated on my every nerve. Right now, I didn't feel like talking. Right now, I was still trying to compose myself and wrap my mind around what I'd just learned on the fucking TV. Imagine finding out something this big from the News and realizing your parents have been lying to you this entire time...

I felt like utter shit. My mom was usually my rock in hectic times like these so it was hard for me to understand why she would blatantly lie to me like this. I couldn't wrap my head around it.

So right now, I was trying to figure out how to confront my parents. There was noway that I could let this go and pretend that everything was okay. Right now, Joshua was in custody and sitting in a jail cell probably scared out of his damn mind. How long had he been in jail? Did they really say, No bail? Knowing that these charges could really fuck his life up had my anxiety on a level 10.

But here my parents were, pretending that everything was fine and dandy but in actuality, they knew damn well shit was hitting the fan. I felt sick to my stomach.

I brought my attention back to the person knocking at my room door. I had my suspicions on who it probably was because there was only one person in this house that wasn't able to read the room and realize that I needed my space right now. That one person had to be Rebecca!

The moment she knocked, I knew it was her and I didn't want to let her in. Usually, I would put up a fight and argue with her but at this point, I really didn't care. I felt so emotionally drained that nothing really mattered. So against my better judgement, I allowed her to come into my room. Rebecca opened my door and ambled inside.When she entered, I looked at her with dark deadened eyes.

Since the incident earlier, she'd been trying to talk to me about how she could help Joshua. However, I haven't been listening to her this entire time. Maybe if I just let her psychotic self ramble about it, she would eventually shut the fuck up and leave me the hell alone.

As Rebecca strolled into my room, I didn't say anything. Instead, I quietly observed as she stood in front of me. I finally raised a brow, indicating for her to speak.

"Hey, Mia." She greeted tentatively but I still didn't speak.

I continued to stare at her with emotionless eyes. This girl had two seconds to get to the point or else I was kicking her ass out. As soon as the thoughts entered my mind, it was as if Rebecca knew exactly what I was thinking because she began to speak hastily.

"I know I'm not your favorite person Mia. BUT, I do have your best interests at heart. You think I'm weird. But truthfully, I don't know how else to show you my loyalty. I care for you and Joshua and so I want to help you guys." She paused, seemingly waiting for my response but again, I remained quiet.

Rebecca continued.

"What if I said I had the one thing that could get Joshua out of jail right now without ever having to go to trial?"

My ears perked up ever so slightly, at the sound of her words. However, my rational mind immediately reminded me that it was too good to be true. I shook my head with disbelief. Everyone knew Rebecca was delusional.

Again, Rebecca seemed to know what was running through my mind because a moment later, without speaking, she pulled a USB drive out of her pocket. What was this? Could she really have solid evidence?

At the sight of the USB drive, my heart began to speed up with anticipation as a small blossom of hope began to rise in my chest. This was too good to be true. Could she be forreal?

"Mia, all the evidence you need is right here." She reached out to hand the drive to me.

I continued to gawk at her like she had two heads because why would she be doing this? What was in it for her? I skeptically watched her for a few seconds before I slowly reached my hand out to grab the USB device from her. Immediately, Rebecca pulled her hand back from me and my eyes narrowed. I knew something wasn't right.

"Wait, there's one condition." She added which caused me to be even more suspicious. I licked my lips and finally spoke up for the first time since she entered my room.

"What do you want, Rebecca?" I asked with my arms crossed over my chest. Rebecca smiled and it only irritated me even more.

"What do I want? Hmmm. Good question..." she raised her hand to her chin and looked pensive as she pretended to think. I was convinced that something was really wrong with this girl. She continued. "I want you to bring me to your family's house.... today." Yep, it's confirmed! Rebecca was crazy! I shook my head as I listened. "I want to meet your nephew Jay. I also want to be there when your parents see this evidence."

Was this really her contingency before she handed over her so called "evidence?"

I nearly burst out fucking laughing. She couldn't actually be serious. Of course I would never bring this crazy woman around my family. Especially not around my nephew.

Before I could flat out deny her, Rebecca seemed to be reading my mind once again. This entire time, she was always two steps ahead of me. Instead of trying to convince me by using her words, Rebecca pulled out her phone.

I opened my mouth to say something but closed it as I observed her curiously. What was she doing?

I watched as she swiped through her phone a few times before holding it up for me to see.

Seconds later, I watched as the screen buffered before a video of Joshua and Harper having sex in his SUV popped up. I was immediately repulsed and I reflexively turned away from the images. However, the sound was still on and I could hear Harper clearly asking for Joshua to fuck her harder. When the video ended, I peered up at Rebecca. How did she get this video? Rebecca smiled as she spoke up.

"The USB drive that I will give you has a copy of this same video."  She stated. "I will give it ONLY to your father. Joshua can be acquitted before this thing even begins. But, like I said before, you need to bring me to your parents house today." She repeated her demands.

Everything was a lot to process but I tried to reign my emotions in and think about this logically. I didn't want Rebecca around my family. No sane person would. However, this was potentially the ONLY way to help Joshua get out of this. I bit on my lip nervously as I tried to think this through. After a few minutes, I finally nodded my head.

"Okay." I said reluctantly.

I watched as a bigger grin crept into Rebecca's face and I instantly felt repulsed like I was selling my soul to the devil. If this video evidence wasn't so damning against Harper, I would never be doing this.

Rebecca cleared her throat before speaking again.

"Great choice, Mia. I'm ready when you are!" With that being said, Rebecca turned on her heels to leave my room. However, it seemed she changed her mind when she stopped abruptly and turned to look back at me.

"Oh and Mia?" I raised a brow at her.

"What?" I asked curiously. I hoped she didn't have anymore ridiculous demands. She continued.

"Make sure you don't give your parents aheads up about me. I want all of this to be a surprise." With that being said, Rebecca turned back around and strolled out of my room. Now I was more baffled then when she first came in.

******************************
Vote + comment