Chapter 10: During: Part 2

Harper's 😈POV

At first, Zane was just a friend and I was okay with that. But the more Zane dated... the more he brought home idiotic women that weren't right for him and I had to do my friendly duty and get rid of those broads. Soon, I found myself thinking more and more about the kind of woman that would be best for Zane. And the more I thought about it...the more I realized that I harbored all of the positive qualities that he needed in a woman. Now, I regretted the fact that I didn't date him when I had the perfect opportunity. But I wasn't going to mope about that because tonight, I was here to fight for what I wanted.

I knew that I had my boyfriend Corey who was genuinely a great guy BUT, he wasn't Zane. And no matter how much I tried to convince myself that I should stick it out with Corey because he was such a great guy...in my mind, Corey couldn't measure up to what I needed him to be. So, tonight I'd finally built up enough courage to tell Zane that I wanted us to be more than friends. In my mind, I had everything planned out and nothing could fuck it up. However, I underestimated the black girl from our class.

That woman ruined all of my romantic plans with Zane tonight and it boiled my fucking blood. I considered myself to be a pretty popular girl but I'd never heard of Mia Jones before this week. Yet somehow, she infiltrated my group of friends and now she had two of my closest guy friends wrapped around her little fat fingers. She was like a cancer that I needed to stop from growing. It would be over my dead body before she infiltrated my group any further. The worse part about the entire situation was that she wasn't even pretty! How does a masculine woman get two men smitten with her when she was so ugly? It made no sense at all. Look at me and then look at her! There was no comparison.

I'd watched Mia and Zane dance all fucking night and I was totally done with the bullshit. I nearly lost it when I saw him drag her off the dance floor and pull her into one of the bedrooms so that she could probably give him some of her loose ass pussy. Everyone knew that there was only one reason why a couple would enter a bedroom during a college party and we all knew it wasn't to talk.

Luckily, I saw Zane exit the room alone so that meant that Mia was still inside alone. I jumped at the opportunity to finally tell Mia that she needed to back the hell up off of my friends and find herself another group of men to use and abuse her loose pussy with.

Once I entered the room, I saw a sleeping Mia and I was completely repulsed by how disgusting she looked. Her hair was a mess, her makeup was all over the place, and her clothes was lopsided. At this point, I felt like Zane either had no taste in women or he was blind.

"Zane?" I heard her weakly call my mans name and I rolled my eyes.

"No Mia. It's Harper and we need to talk now!" I stated sternly and waited for Mia to blink her eyes open. She looked at me as if she didn't recognize me at first but soon I saw that she knew who I was.

"We haven't properly met without distractions." I said with my hands at my hips and trying NOT to lose my shit on her so soon. I was determined to start this confrontation off cordially but it would be in her best interest not to confuse my kindness for weakness. In an instant, I was prepared to switch up and become the meanest bitch she ever did see.

"Okay Harper sure, lets pretend to meet for the first time.... Hi I'm Mia." She stated sarcastically while looking tired and drained as she tried to sit up in the bed.I ignored her comment and began to tell her what needed to be said.

"By now, if you haven't noticed, I'm Zane's best friend. And I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you probably didn't know that I'm also best friends with Jared. Do you know what I've noticed?" I paused to wait for her answer. Mia looked at me with deadened eyes and a slight smirk on her face as she snorted at something that she must've been thinking in her head.