Chapter 6:The Understanding

Zane♠️

It was around 2:00pm when all of my classes where done for the day so I decided to text Mia to see if we could meet up and finish the conversation that she started earlier in class.

Zane: Hi Mia

(5 minute time elapse)

Mia: ...hi

Zane: ....You busy?

Mia: I'm leaving my last class.

Zane: Lets meet up.

Mia: okay

Zane: ...for our date 🤪

Mia: 🤨👎🏾👎🏾👎🏾never mind. We're going to have to reschedule..I think I'm not feeling well all of a sudden.

Zane: okay, so when can we reschedule...

Mia: hmm... (Mia seems to be thinking of an answer so I taunt her a little)

Zane: ...to reschedule for our date?😏

Mia: what? 🗣No! how about....🗣NEVER!

Zane: 😅 you play too much!

Mia: me? You're the one who keeps referring to our meet up as a date.... 🗣it's not!

Zane: You're too easy to mess with. 😂

Mia: Goodbye asshole!

Zane: I'm the asshole?🤔I'm the nicest guy you could ever meet!

*No response*

Zane:Meet me at La Fiesta at 3pm so we can talk.

Mia: 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️ why are you still texting me?

Zane: see you soon 😉

I ended the conversation and placed my phone in my pocket and headed home. I assumed Mia wouldn't stand me up since she was the person to suggest us talking this out in the first place!

*****************************************************************

*La Fiesta* 3:30pm

La Fiesta was a popular hangout spot where university students would grab food and chill on their lunch break and/or between classes. So every time a new person would walk through the restaurants doors, I would anticipate that it was Mia finally making her appearance but frustratingly, it never was. It was now 30 minutes past the time that Mia was supposed to meet up with me and by this time, I already gave up thinking she would show up.

I was getting ready to get up and exit the restaurant when a shadow appeared in front of my table and I noticed someone standing directly above me. Soon, I heard Mia's snarky voice echo right above my head with the worse greeting for someone who'd just stood me up for 30 minutes without a text or phone call to let me know what was up with her.

"Wow, you're still here?" She asked as I slowly perused my eyes upwards and took in her appearance. She was casually dressed with a baggy green and orange UM sweatshirt and some basic black leggings that outlined the thick muscles in her legs.

Even though Mia looked casual as hell, any man could still see that she was naturally beautiful. It was always the pretty ones that gave the most hell. I eventually lifted my eyes and met her dark brown gaze as she spoke. I couldn't help but raise one of my signature eyebrows at how rudely she'd approached me.