Chapter 18: A Difficult Discussion

Mia 💛

It was still early morning and I was laying in my bed and scrolling through my social. While I laid there, I was thinking about these past few weeks. I couldn't believe how my life had entirely changed since this school year started. It hadn't even been a month, and yet, it was crazier than all of the years I'd been in college.

I snorted sarcastically to myself. I was the lucky one that had to deal with a crazy ass roommate, a younger brother who was being unusually distant, and Zane Miller, the distraction that I didn't need or want. I swiped out of my Facebook app and placed my phone on the bed. I looked up at the ceiling fan as my mind wandered as I processed some of the things that were recently going on in my life. Thank God for the weekends. The weekends were the times when I could finally release some of the stress that I'd been feeling throughout the week by participating in wellness activities.

Today was Saturday and I had several things planned. The first thing I had on my agenda was to finally speak with my little brother about everything that had been going on with him. He'd been unusually distant and I needed to get down to the bottom of it. Couple that with the fact that I had concrete evidence that he was hiding his relationship with Harper. Knowing this was frustrating because I had no idea how deep their relationship really was. And the fact that he hadn't told me anything felt like a slap in my face, especially because we were usually so close.

I glanced down at my phone to check the time and realized that Josh should be arriving at my apartment any moment now.

In the meantime, I noticed that I received a text message from Jared.

Jared: Good morning baby girl, I can't stop thinking about you...

Mia: Good morning Jared. ... and Oh yeah? like what about me?

Jared: Like how sexy you are. I don't think you realize it Mia. You drive me crazy.

I was rusty when it came to flirting so I didn't know how to respond to Jared. While I thought about it, another message from him came through before I sent out my own.

Jared: Send me a sexy picture of yourself...

I thought about his request. Alicia would probably call me prude because I had absolutely no sexy pictures in my phone but I had a great explanation for it. Before now, I had no need to save sexy pictures of myself in phone because I haven't had a boyfriend in like ever and I also didn't have a fuck buddy.

Also, usually I would tell a guy no to sexy pictures because I didn't want my nudes to land in the wrong hands. But then I thought about it for Jared...In this case, I ended up deciding to go ahead and grant Jared's request.

In my head, it was an awesome way to spice things up with Jared, especially since we hadn't had sex yet. Right now, Jared and I were at a cross roads in our relationship and I felt like any day now, he would be asking me to make it official with him. Did I like the guy? Yes! But I felt like we were missing some much needed sexual chemistry. So I was hoping that these pictures could help solve that issue.

Because I didn't have any cute or sexy images of myself in my phone, I decided to quickly snap a few pictures and hope they came out good enough for Jared. I didn't go all out with full on nudes but, I would definitely tease the man just enough so that he could fantasize about what I looked like and use his imagination. I wanted to give Jared a small appetizer of what he could look forward to.

I peered at myself in the mirror and I felt like I wanted to go for something simple and cute. I already had on a lacy black thong and a regular white t-shirt. So, to spice things up, I swapped out the t-shirt for a white crop top and my simple look was complete. Taking a picture dressed like this looked classic, and it seemed effortless. I took a few shots of myself, sifted through the best ones, and was about to send them when I received a random unexpected text message from Zane.