Chapter 25: Falling Apart

Mia 💛

Seeing Tanisha texting Zane had my thoughts running wild. It reminded me that Tanisha was the one woman that Zane could never get over.

I couldn't help when my mind began to second guess what Zane and I just shared. What we did was amazing and I'd never felt this way before about any guy. It was crazy for me to think about last night and all of the passion that Zane and I shared because the man wasn't even my type yet, here I was drooling over him.

My mind thought back to the passionate moments of him caressing his gentle hands all over me and playing with my body like a professional musician. I remembered how his hands strummed my pussy so gently and intimately that I couldn't help when my body lifted off of the bed and yearned for this man. Just thinking about it had my skin prickling for more. But now that the bliss was fading, my rational mind returned at the sight of Tanisha's text.

I held Zane's phone in my hand and reread the intimate message over and over. Tanisha said that she loved him. No woman would text that unless she felt comfortable saying it. That meant, she probably said it all the time.

While my thoughts ran rampant with doubts, Zane's phone suddenly began to vibrate in my hand with a FaceTime call that was trying to come through. It was Tanisha. What do I do? My eyes immediately zoomed towards the bathroom door and I perked my ears up to listen for Zane's footsteps. He sounded as if he were still washing up. I didn't know how long he would be in the bathroom but I was so tempted to answer his phone. It was either now or never... Should I answer? Should I leave it alone?

I peered at the vibrating phone that sat loosely in my hands. A moment later, without thinking about the consequences, somehow I found myself swiping the answer button while on autopilot. Immediately, Tanisha's beautiful face came into view and regret washed over me. This woman was prettier than I remembered and it only made me feel like I couldn't compare to her. I watched as the surprise on Tanisha's face turned into a devious smirk. This had my confidence further waning and my hands shaking. I shouldn't have answered this mans phone. Technically, Zane wasn't my man and I was overstepping our boundaries; I had no right to do this to him.

I gulped down my fears and tried to push as much confidence as I could into my face as I peered into the phones screen

I gulped down my fears and tried to push as much confidence as I could into my face as I peered into the phones screen. Tanisha spoke first.

"Hmmm, it's 7:45 in the morning and you have Zane's phone... I wonder what that means." She said while smiling as if she were unaffected by that very obvious fact. She then rolled her eyes at me although she didn't seemed fazed or threatened by me. There was no way Zane was giving this woman up for me. My voice came out shaky at first. I had so much I wanted to ask her but I didn't know where to start.

"Are you-" I had to restart my question. "Are you seeing Zane? Are you two a couple?" I needed to know if pursuing Zane was even worth it but maybe asking his girlfriend these personal questions wasn't the best idea. Honestly, I didn't even know what to call her. Was she his girlfriend? The questions had already escaped my lips so right now, I was all in. Tanisha chuckled lightly before responding.