REMNANT: Buffy, the Vampire Slayer meets Batman and the Red Rider - Chapter 16.

Batman gripped the steering wheel tight, making a hard turn onto the main thoroughfare. The Batmobile weaved between traffic and tore through the streets, racing back to the Sunnydale High library. With Faust already there, holding Willow and the others hostage, they had little time before the sorcerer raised the dormant monster, Kalderon, unleashing every manner of demon into the world.

"We're too late to stop them from finding Kalderon," Batman said through clenched teeth. "But we're near the Janus Imports warehouse. We'll pick up Giles and Buffy on the way. We'll need their help to take on Faust, the Scarecrow, and Ethan all at once."

Xander drummed the side door nervously. "Yeah, okay. So long as we make it in time."

"I'm doing everything I can, son," Batman said in a clipped tone.

A minute later, they arrived at the rear loading dock of Janus Imports. Spotting Giles and Buffy leaving the warehouse, Batman brought the car to a screeching halt. Giles and Buffy jerked in alarm.

"They found Kalderon at the library!" Batman shouted. "They're all there now."

"And they've got Willow!" Xander said.

"Good heavens. I'll get my car," Giles said, pointing over his shoulder.

"No time. Climb in," Batman ordered.

Xander smiled, spreading his arms. "Hey, Buffy. My lap's totally free," Xander said, spreading his arms as he joked. Though his face and tone remained dulled as he worried about Willow.

Giles opened the door and climbed in, sitting on Xander's legs. "Thank you, Xander. Much obliged."

Xander winced at the pain in his knees. "Don't mention it. Plenty of room for librarians, too."

"Sorry," Batman said. "Limited seating."

Buffy climbed on top of Giles, half-standing as she gripped the edges of the open glass ceiling. "Let's go."

"Hang on," Batman said, jamming on the accelerator.

"Relax, I'm the Slay-yeaaiiee!" Buffy swung backward at the sudden lurch, falling onto Giles' lap.

Xander put a hand on her waist to steady her. "Good enough," he said with half-hearted appreciation. "Worth the trip." But his voice was still subdued.

"How fast can you get us there?" Buffy said, clutching tight to the glass canopy.

Batman continued to push the Batmobile's limits, careening around corners as he sped across town. "As fast as humanly possible," he said, knowing that most members of the Justice League could run or fly them there in an instant. But without their super-powered help, he and Buffy's team had mere minutes to stop Felix Faust from unleashing Hell on Earth.

"Try not to fret," Ethan whispered in Willow's ear, bending over her as she sat at the library table beside Oz and Cordelia, each of them with their wrists bound behind their backs

"Try not to fret," Ethan whispered in Willow's ear, bending over her as she sat at the library table beside Oz and Cordelia, each of them with their wrists bound behind their backs. "After all, we're about to make you fret far more than you ever could on your own."