REMNANT: Buffy, the Vampire Slayer meets Batman and the Red Rider - Chapter 23.

Buffy folded her arms, smirking at her. "Put the peashooter away, honey. I'm not impressed. I'm Buffy."

Helena squinted at her. "'Buffy'?" she asked. "You ... sand floors?"

Buffy cocked her head, confused and annoyed. "No. I'm not the maid, genius. I'm the Slayer."

Helena raised the crossbow higher in defense. "Keep back," she ordered. "I'm still not sure I should trust either of you."

"You trusted Batman," Buffy huffed.

Helena set her jaw. "His name makes sense."

The girl looked more fearsome than she should have, with the flowing red hooded cloak, the leveled crossbow, and the triple scars across her face. But Buffy wasn't so easily intimidated. "Lighten up, Robin Hood. We came here as friends."

"You came here to attack," Helena accused.

"We weren't attacking!" Buffy defended. "We were – being stealthy."

"Which is what someone does when they're preparing to attack," Helena countered with an edge to her voice.

Buffy pouted. "Well – it was a friendly stealth."

Helena scowled. "You don't sound friendly to me."

Buffy clenched her tight. "That was before you shot me in the butt! We're here to help you."

"I don't need your help," Helena growled

Buffy arched her eyebrows at the girl's baggy trousers. "You do if you ever want those pants to fit."

Helena took her eyes off Buffy for an instant to look down at her legs. "At least I'm wearing clothes. Where are yours?"

"Like I told the guys at the bar," Buffy said, seething. "This is the latest fashion from Paris."

Helena narrowed her eyes at Buffy, dubious. "Women in Paris walk around naked?"

"I'm not naked!" Buffy defended. "And how about you lay off? You're the one who started shooting at us!"

"If you want to stay alive, don't try to ambush me."

Buffy glared at her. "Seriously? You're threatening me?"

Batman sighed audibly.

Buffy ignored him, sizing up the cloaked girl with a chuckle. "Okay, look. You might be some kind of hell-in-a-basket around these parts, but where I come from, I'm the Slayer. I kill demons twice as strong as you, on the daily, usually before breakfast. In fact, before people even start cooking breakfast. So maybe you're some kind of French Zorro, one-girl revolution, but I can still kick your ass!"