REMNANT: Buffy, the Vampire Slayer meets Batman and the Red Rider - Chapter 56.

Giles gaped at the scorpion demon Kalderon towering over them all, as its grotesque human head reared back and growled at the ceiling.

A hush fell over the entire room.

Angel called out, his hands still spread in reverie. "Kalderon!" he announced. "I am here to serve you, along with the Summoners!"

Kalderon turned to regard Angel, standing on the balcony at his eye level.

Angel pointed down at Ethan. "But that guy there – he's trying to send you back. So, you know. You might want to kill him."

Kalderon glanced down at Ethan and snarled.

Ethan paled as he held the spellbook. "Oh, dear."

He barely managed to flee the center circle before Kalderon's scorpion tail struck deep into the floor, cracking it. As Ethan tried to hide under a table outside Giles' office, the tail rose for a second strike.

Having drawn Delvina's enchanted sword from the long black bag, Giles rushed at the monster. He moved behind it, striking at the middle of its curved tail to cut cleanly through it.

 He moved behind it, striking at the middle of its curved tail to cut cleanly through it

The beast cried out as its poisonous tail fell to the floor and bounced aside. He whirled about, spotting Giles, and scrabbled toward him. Giles barely managed to duck beneath the circular stairwell with Cordelia as the demon tried to seize him in its pincers. In his rush, Giles dropped the sword, as the creature tried to angle its enormous pincers around the stairs. It tried to clip at them again and again, but it couldn't quite reach.

From his perch, Angel delighted in seeing them pinned by the beast. "Now this was worth the price of admission." He turned to see Mister Leóne, Pierre and Marceau firing their chainsaw stakes at him, and barely managed to duck in time.

Spike shouted up at him. "You sure about that, King of the Balcony? We stay here much longer, we're gonna get killed. Let's get outa here and clean up what's left tomorrow!"

Angel sighed. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. Play nice with the monster, Giles. If you survive and we meet again ... well, I won't go so easy on you next time." He flashed another chilling smile and swept away, heading for the skylight and disappearing.

Spike wasted no time wheeling away to retreat through the double doors. He cast a final glance at the enormous demon as it kept trying to strike at Giles and Cordelia, while Ethan's gaunt friend returned to the center of the room to resume his incantation. "Sure hope that sorcerer's apprentice knows what he's doing." He swallowed and shrugged. "Well, guess I'll know tomorrow."

He wheeled himself out as the other vampires rushed out ahead of him, the last of them being rushed out by the Lycanthru wolves, who then worked to restrain Oz. They tackled him but couldn't keep him pinned for long.