REMNANT: Buffy, the Vampire Slayer meets Batman and the Red Rider - Chapter 41

PART 6: "BE SEEING YOU."

Cordelia looked beautiful as she slept on the sofa in Giles' apartment. While Oz, Marceau, and even Pierre's mother, Lisette, had volunteered to spread out on the carpeted floor, no one had even tried to convince Cordelia to do so. Cordelia's single remark about how disgusted she would be if the floor came within inches of her hair was enough to silence any further discussion.

Now she lay in repose, her dreamy eyes closed, her figure partly covered by the thin blanket Giles had provided her.

As the Lycanthru wolf, Veroux, eyed her hungrily. What could they do, if he gave in to the overwhelming temptation to bite into her? To see her entrancing eyes pop wide open and hear her lovely scream as he chewed on her soft flesh? They would scold him, perhaps even stop him before he finished, but what did it matter? So long as he had a taste of this exquisite young girl that had been driving him wild since he first saw her.

No more waiting. All of the others were asleep. He crept closer on all fours, salivating as he anticipated the taste of her flesh in his teeth. A low growl emitted from him against his will.

Followed by another low growl, deeper and more menacing. He paused as the demon named Whistler stepped between him and the enticing girl on the sofa.

But Veroux refused to be stopped now. He growled in a rage and charged at her.

Only to be seized by his throat and lifted high off the ground as Whistler transformed into a fiery red creature with pointed ears and sharp fangs. Veroux discovered he was no match for Whistler's strength as he was hurled across the room to slam against the far wall, waking everyone.

"Good heavens!" Giles said, struggling to sit up from his place on the floor beneath the bar counter.

Everyone else roused themselves as Whistler resumed his smaller human form and the upside-down Lycanthru crumpled to the floor.

Quickly grasping what had happened, Giles grit his teeth and marched at the fallen Lycanthru. "We have work to do, and my patience is wearing thin," he warned. "I suggest you keep to your side. Next time, I'll let him have you."

Veroux sniffed with contempt and returned to the far side of the living room to join Simonet and the other wolves.

Cordelia rolled over, moaning as she rubbed at her neck.

"Cordelia?" Giles asked in alarm.

Whistler stepped toward her. "Hey, you all right, kid?"

Cordelia sighed and grumbled softly, her eyes still shut. "Could you guys keep it down? I'm trying to sleep and this sofa isn't exactly comfortable."

"