REMNANT: Buffy, the Vampire Slayer meets Batman and the Red Rider - Chapter 61.

"There's gotta be something we can do to save the library," Willow urged, as Buffy, Xander and Cordelia sat at the long meeting table in the library itself, waiting for Giles to arrive. The library floor was still shattered where Kalderon's scorpion tail had struck it, and the walls were still cracked in places with two upper level bookshelves toppled from the fight between the vampires and Lycanthru. Buffy and Xander listened attentively to Willow, while Cordelia continued to work on her makeup with her compact mirror. "Maybe if we get more kids to use it, Principal Snyder will let us keep it."

"Sure, Will," Xander said. "But the question is, how do we do that? We can't just give out free chocolate to get kids in the door. It'll melt all over the pages when they read."

Buffy pointed at Xander in agreement. "That's an undeniable truth. Chocolate covered candy, good. Chocolate covered books, gross."

Willow pressed on. "What if we add more of the kind of books that people actually want to read? There's this brand new middle grade book that's getting really popular, called Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone."

They both stared blankly at her.

Buffy tried to repeat the title. "Harry Who and the Whatsa What?"

"'Harry Potter?'" Xander asked. "What kind of lame name is that?"

"It's actually pretty cool," Willow said brightly.

Xander put up a hand, stopping her. "When you say, 'cool' ... what is it you think that word means?"

"It's a really good book!" Willow defended. "And they're publishing a sequel!"

"Will," Xander said in a tolerant voice. "It's a kid's book."

Willow huffed. "Well, that doesn't mean other people can't read it, just because it's about a boy who discovers he's a wizard."

"Bor-ring," Cordelia said as she continued to apply her mascara.

Buffy frowned. "Sorry, Will. Sounds like kind of a snooze fest. Maybe if they make a movie of it, I'll be interested."

Willow perked up, excited. "Actually, there's a lot of stuff in it that would make for a great movie, if they just –."

Everyone paused as Giles entered the library. "Hello, everyone," he said. "Thank you all for coming. Where's Oz?"

"He had band practice," Willow said. She glanced at Xander. "But I'm seeing him later."

"And you should," Xander insisted quickly. "You should spend as much time together as you possibly can. Because relationships are good." He turned to Cordelia. "Right?"

Cordelia answered dully, still staring into her mirror. "Uh-huh. But right now, I'm focused on a relationship with my mascara, so don't talk to me."

Xander nodded, smirking. "Understood. Mascara takes precedence."