𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 /
XXXIV. Not infected

 Not infected

               AN HOUR OR SO HAD PASSED, and Dr. Lee came to the conclusion that Jake and Mr. Tanner had some sort of disease that led to them acting out violently as well as leaving some sort of sulfur residue in their blood. Sam and Dr. Lee went to tell Beverly and Pam their findings whilst Sybil slept on one of the beds.

When asking Beverly if she had any direct contact with her family's blood, they proceeded with trying to get a blood sample only for her to lash out on Sam, inducing him to knock her out with a fire extinguisher. 

These events worried Pam, wanting to leave the clinic and check on her boyfriend. However, before she was able to actually leave, Dean had finally come back with Sergeant Mark, whom he picked up on the way there.

It was revealed that there was a road block on the exit of the town. The guy he had picked up made his way towards the back of the clinic while Sam and Dean conversed amongst themselves. 

"What's going on out there, Dean?"

"Man, I don't know," Dean responded honestly. "I feel like Chuck Heston in 'the Omega Man.' Sarge is the only sane person I could find. What are we dealing with? Do you know?"

"Yeah, Doc thinks it's a virus."

"Okay, great. What do you think?"

"I think she's right," Sam said.

Dean raised his eyebrows. "Really?"

"Yeah, and I think the infected are trying to infect others with blood-to-blood contact. Oh, but it gets better. The virus leaves traces of sulfur in the blood."

"A demonic virus," Dean asked.

"More like demonic germ warfare."

"Well, is it connected to the yellow-eyed demon? Did Sybil have any feelings or tingles or whatever?"

"About that," Sam began, a worried look taking over his features. "She's unconscious."

Dean's eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean unconscious? What happened? Is she okay?"

Sam nodded. "The doctor said that she was stable, but she acted as though she was having some sort of brain hemorrhage. Right, before she passed out, she said 'he's here.'"

"The yellow-eyed demon?" 

"I think so, but I'm not sure how he plays in all of this, but it makes sense why I'm having all of these visions."

Dean exhaled, rubbing the bridge of his nose and walking away from Sam. "This thing is like a biblical plague."

"Yeah. You don't know how right you are, Dean. I've been pouring through Dad's journal. I found something about the Roanoke Colony."