𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 /
XIV. never giving up

 never giving up

                    SYBIL SAT IN A CHAIR THAT was placed in the hallway, her legs swinging back and forth. She was running the previous events through her mind, emotionless due to the shock of everything that had happened. How did they end up in the hospital?

Sam was talking to the police and telling them a more censored version of what had happened. How they had heard screams in the house, how they ran in and found two kids in the basement, and how their brother had gotten electrocuted.

The doctor interrupted the interview, grabbing both Sam and Sybil's attention. Although they tried hiding the information from the seven-year-old, it wasn't enough for her not to find out what was wrong with their brother.

"Hey, doc, is he–"

"He's resting," the doctor replied.

"And?"

The doctor sighed. "The electrocution triggered a heart attack– pretty massive, I'm afraid. His heart, it's damaged."

"How damaged," Sam asked, concern washing over his face.

"We've done all we can. We can try and keep him comfortable at this point, but I'd give him a couple of weeks at most, maybe a month."

Sybil launched herself out of the chair she sat in and ran towards the man. "No, no, no! You're supposed to help him! You can't let him die!"

Sam grabbed Sybil and carried her as she cried onto his shoulder. She balled his flannel in her small fists as her brother tried comforting her.

"Sorry," Sam apologized, a forced smile on his lips.

"No need, I understand."

"But is there something that you can do? Any treatments or anything?"

The doctor shook his head. "We can't work miracles. I really am sorry."

Sam left the doctor in the hallway as he made his way to Dean's room. He laid in the hospital bed, flipping through channels on the small TV that sat before him.

"Do you ever actually watch daytime TV," Dean asked as his siblings inched closer. "It's terrible."

Sam shook his head as he exhaled sharply. "I talked to your doctor."

Dean disregarded his brother. "The fabric softener bear, ooh. I want to hunt that little bitch down."

"Dean."

"Yeah. Right, well, it looks like you're gonna leave town without me."

"What are you talking about," Sam queried, shocked that his brother would even offer such a thing. "I'm not gonna leave you here."