𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 /
XXXI. Inevitable

 Inevitable

                    THE WINCHESTER SIBLINGS WERE IN BETWEEN cases, so they decided to have some dinner at a local diner. As they were finishing up their meal, Sam went to use the restroom while Dean paid and tipped their waitress. The two of them waited for Sam to come back, sitting in silence.

Dean cleared his throat before creating a conversation. "So, how're you holding up?"

Sybil looked up at her eldest brother, slurping the rest of her milkshake. "I'm alright, I guess."

"Do you want us to drop you off at Bobby's?"

"Why would I want that," Sybil questioned, furrowing her eyebrows at the suggestion. 

Dean shrugged. "I dunno, Sybs. I want you to have a childhood, not worry about some demon coming after you."

"I'll worry about the demon no matter how I live," Sybil replied. "I feel better when I'm with you and Sammy, anyway."

Dean paused before speaking up. "So you don't hate me?"

Sybil's raised her eyebrows, not expecting that question. "Why would I hate you, Deanie?"

"We've just been butting heads lately," he admitted, feeling guilty for being harsh on the eight-year-old. "I'm just protecting you from getting hurt."

"I know, Deanie," Sybil smiled sincerely. "I don't hate you. I love you."

Dean's eyes widened, taken aback with the sudden affection. The Winchester's were never one to express their emotions. Come to think of it— this was the first time Sybil has said I love you. 

Sybil and Dean stared at one another, the younger girl waiting for him to reciprocate her actions. Dean cracked a smile. 

"I love you too, shortcake."

The two siblings waited for Sam, who was still in the restroom. Dean groaned, leaning his head against the booth's cushion. 

"Damn, what is he? Constipated?"

Sybil giggled as he slid out of the booth, inducing her to follow suit. As they reached the men's restrooms, Dean slammed the door open, revealing the inside. 

Sybil grimaced at the foul smell radiating from the inside. "Ew. Boys are gross."

"Sam, come on, zip it up. Let's hit the road."