𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 /
VII. just a kid

 just a kid

                    SYBIL AND SAM CONTINUED TO ROAM throughout the halls, occasionally calling out Gavin's name. As they progressed their search, Sybil couldn't help but hold a grudge over Kat's words on how she was just a kid. Yeah, she was only seven years old, but she was more than a kid. Sybil groaned as she recalled every time she was treated as a child, a liability that they had to worry about rather than focusing on the mission. Sam caught Sybil's sigh and glanced down at the small girl, examining her sad expression.

"What's wrong, Sybs," Sam asked, growing concerned.

"I'm a kid," Sybil returned without any further explanation.

Sam lifted an eyebrow, slightly chuckling. "Yeah, I know."

"I'm not just a kid," Sybil explained, looking up at Sam. "I can help! I've helped before, but I feel like no one wants my help."

"What makes you say that," Sam inquired.

"You and Dean leave me at the motel where I'm all by myself and can't help," Sybil sighed. "I can't use my powers without you or Dean yelling at me, and I can't even walk around because I need to hold someone's hand. I'm just a kid."

Sam halted in his tracks and kneeled in front of Sybil. "You're more than just a kid, Billie. You saved Dean and me back in Kansas. We don't want you to use your powers without us around because we don't want you to hurt yourself, and the same goes for why you need to stay with us at all times. We care about you too much to get hurt."

Sybil pouted. "Why do you even care? You've only known me for a little bit, and not even my mom cared about me, so why should you?"

"That doesn't mean we don't care," Sam argued, upset that a seven-year-old could even conjure these types of thoughts. "You're our sister and our new responsibility. Of course, we care about you."

Sybil shrugged. "I guess."

Sam stood up from his crouching position and recommenced walking around. This was definitely a conversation that needed to be brought up at a more convenient time. After wandering around for a little while longer, the two walked into a room where they noticed Gavin lying on the floor.

"Gavin," Sam called, letting go of Sybil and running towards the laying figure. He shook the boy awake. "Hey, Gavin."

"Gavin," Sybil shrieked, her temper already short due to her frustration towards her age and situation.

Gavin fluttered his eyes open before shooting up and moving away from Sam.

"Hey, It's okay," Sam reassured. "We're here to help."