𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 / 
XVIII. not a dog

 not a dog

                    SAM AND DEAN MADE MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS to get in contact with their father, leaving numerous voicemails about the development of Sybil's powers. Unfortunately, they were unable to get ahold of him. The two brothers began to grow annoyed with their father and the lack of his presence on a pressing matter that involved what could help him catch the thing that killed their mother.

To distract themselves, the two continued to take on other cases for what seemed to be about a few weeks to a month after Sybil's altercation with Sue Ann. Every now and then, Sybil would join along on their cases, but most of the time she was stuck in their motel, practicing spells and trying to maintain control of the mist, which they later learned was the veil that disguised the mystical world and its contents from the human eye.

Sybil was reading her spellbook, like usual, as Sam and Dean were changing into their costumes for their next case. As she attempted to read the greek works, her concentration faltered as her brothers returned from their costume change. She looked up, confused as to their choice in attire.

"You look like you're going to fix their toilets," Sybil commented, grabbing the attention of her brothers.

Sam and Dean looked at one another, except Dean had an 'I told you so' expression evident on his face.

"Man, what did I say," Dean exclaimed, annoyance dripping in his tone before pulling out onto the main road.

After driving for a few minutes, they finally reached their destination, which was the apartment of a girl who was found out by Sam through the newspaper. As Dean got out of the car to prepare their materials, Sam stared at the newspaper article on the latest victim of their case.

Manhunt Continues for Stealth Killer
Second Murder in 2 Months.

"What do you think killed her," Sybil bid, putting her spell book aside and looked over her brother's shoulder.

Sam exhaled sharply before putting the newspaper down. "That's what we're trying to figure out."

Sam kissed the top of Sybil's head before getting out of the car. He faced his older brother before speaking. "All right, Dean. This is the place."

"Sybil, stay," Dean commanded as he walked past the car. "And lock the doors!"

"Sybil, stay," Sybil mocked in a higher-pitched tone under her breath as she leaned over the passenger seat to lock the doors to the Impala. "What am I? A dog?"

                    IT WAS A FEW HOURS AFTER the two older Winchesters snooped around the latest victim's apartment in search of clues on what they might be dealing with. The sky was dark as Sam and Sybil walked in front of what seemed to be a bar. Sybil clutched her spell book close to her chest.