𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 /
XXIX. go easy on her

 go easy on her

                    DEAN THREW THE FILES ONTO THE bar, creating a loud slap. Standing adjacent to Ash, he scoffed. 

"You got to be kidding me. This guy's no genius. He's a Lynyrd Skynyrd Roadie!"

Sybil looked up at the blond. "Uh, what's that?"

Dean glanced at Sybil, indicating that he'll explain later. The young girl sighed, slumping slightly on the barstool she sat. She knew he would never reveal to her what it meant.

Ash smirked at Dean's comment. "I like you."

"Thanks."

Jo set a couple of glasses in front of the brothers, holding a pitcher on the other hand. "Just give him a chance."

After sharing a couple of glances, Dean shrugged and sat down. "All right. Well, this stuff's about a year's worth of our dad's work, so let's see what you make of it."

Dean slid the files over to Ash, prompting him to straighten his posture as he went through the papers. Sam watched as he took a sip from his water. Ash began to chuckle, continuing to flip through pages of their father's research. 

"Come on! This crap ain't real. Ain't nobody can track a demon like this."

"Our dad could," Sam retorted.

Ash scanned through the papers once more. "These are nonparametric statistical overviews, cross-spectrum correlations. I mean, damn. They're signs. Omens."

"What's an omen," Sybil requested, interrupting Ash. 

"Sybs, not now," Dean turned down before he could respond. 

Growing annoyed at the fact they're not explaining anything to her, Sybil muttered a spell under her breath that caused the papers to fly towards her grasp. Everyone turned their heads towards the little girl. 

"Dammit, Sybil," Dean slammed his hand against the bar, causing everyone to jump. "This isn't a game. Give it back!"

"Dammit, Dean," she mimicked, gaining looks from her brothers. "This demon is after me too! I want to know more so that I won't give in."

"I told you if you wanted to tag along, you listen to my rules."

"Dean," Sam interjected. "She has a point."

"I don't care, Sammy! She's putting herself in danger."

Sybil scoffed. "Being born has put me in danger!"

"I don't know if you noticed, Sybs," Dean said in a condescending tone, "but you're just a kid. I get to decide what you can and can't understand, got it?"