𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 /
XIII. don't leave me again

 don't leave me again

                    ONCE NIGHTFALL CAME, DEAN AND SYBIL roamed the orchard, waiting for the scarecrow to strike the next couple. In the back of Dean's mind, he was unable to process why the sheriff slammed on his breaks and looked confused as he examined the road. Shaking the thought, he continued to walk around with Sybil's hand in his. 

Sybil sighed, grabbing Dean's attention. He looked down at the little girl as she stared at the ground, trailing behind him. 

"What's wrong with you now?"

"I miss Sammy," she admitted. "I don't like us breaking up."

Dean looked up and exhaled sharply, cautious of their surroundings. "Me neither, but I can't tell him what to do."

Sybil looked up at Dean, cocking her head to the left. "How come you let Daddy tell you what to do all the time?"

"Because he's my dad," Dean stated. "I guess I've just been following his orders all the time that it's second nature for me."

Sybil just nodded in response. Before the conversation could continue further, a series of squeals and panting were heard nearby. Dean and Sybil looked at each other briefly before running toward the source of the sound. After running for what seemed like to be a few minutes, they bumped into the couple. 

"Get back to your car," Dean commanded. 

The guy looked over his shoulder and saw the scarecrow behind them in a distance before obeying Dean's order. As the couple ran past them, Dean aimed the shotgun towards the scarecrow, shooting him in the shoulder. The scarecrow remained unharmed, so Dean picked up Sybil and ran behind the couple. As he ran, he continued to shoot the scarecrow a couple of times before reaching the car. 

He put Sybil down and cocked the shotgun, pointing it towards where the scarecrow was last seen. The couple hid behind Dean, attempting to be shielded from harm. 

"What the hell was that?"

"Don't ask," Dean replied.

                    AFTER BEING CHASED BY THE SCARECROW, Dean threw his pride aside and dialed Sam, hoping that he would provide some insight into their situation. 

"The scarecrow climbed off his cross," Sam asked, trying to process what he was being told.

"Hey, I'm telling you. Burnsville, Indian– fun town."

"It didn't kill the couple, did it?"

"No," Dean replied. "I can cope without you, you know."

Sybil perked up in her seat. "Can I say hi to Sammy?"