𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 /
XXII. first friend

 first friend

                    ONCE SAM AND DEAN FOUND THAT the doctor was the Shtriga the whole time, they called Sybil back into the hotel room to discuss the plan that they had concocted while she was playing video games with Michael. After suggesting that they place a trap with Michael as bait, Sybil instantly stood up in protest.

"No," she exclaimed, her face stern. "You're not letting Michael get into any danger!"

Dean exhaled sharply. "Listen, Sybs, I know he's your friend and all, but I already got this lecture from Sammy. The only way we can kill this bastard is if we shoot it while it's feeding. That's the only way."

"What about me," Sybil suggested, looking at her brothers frantically. "I can take Michael's place. I have a better chance than him 'cause I actually have powers to protect myself."

Sam cleared his throat, silencing the little girl's protests. "The Shtriga goes through siblings first, Sybs. It already got Asher, so we know that Michael's next."

"That's not fair! I finally made a friend, and he's gonna end up dead!"

"Whoa, whoa," Dean interrupted, holding Sybil by the shoulders. "No one is gonna end up dying, you hear me? We're gonna kill this thing, Billie."

"Are you," Sybil asked, not in search for reassurance but more of a way that revealed doubt. Dean was taken aback at the lack of trust she had in them.

Dean looked at Sam who was just as shocked as he was. Turning his attention back on Sybil, his face softened. He was hurt by what she had said. "Listen, shortcake. I don't know what has gotten into you lately, but I need you to trust us, ok? We'll have a little talk about your attitude change after this is over."

Sybil just nodded as him and Sam went to tell Michael about the Shtriga and how they needed him to kill it. 

                    "YOU'RE CRAZY," MICHAEL YELLED, GRABBING THE phone from the front desk. "Just go away or I'm calling the cops."

"Hang on a second," Dean sighed. "Just listen to me. You have to believe me, okay? This thing came through the window and attacked your brother."

Michael looked back and forth between Sam and Dean before his eyes landed on Sybil, who remained quiet the whole time. The two stared at each other until Sybil finally gave in and spoke.

"Tell them what you told me, Michael."

Michael exhaled sharply as he set down the phone, looking up at the two older Winchesters. "This thing— is it, like... It has this long, black robe?"