𝐭𝐞𝐧.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 /
X. the mist

 the mist

                    THE THREE WINCHESTER'S FINALLY ARRIVED AT a motel where they booked a room and got settled in. Dean laid Sybil onto his bed and placed a blanket over her small figure. She had been so exhausted since the asylum, so seeing her rest put him at ease. Sam grabbed his shoulder as an effort to comfort his older brother, knowing that he worried about the younger girl. 

"Do you really think she feels that we don't care for her," Dean asked, still staring at the little girl. 

Sam sighed. "I don't know, Dean, but I really hope not."

"I'll make sure she knows we care," Dean stated, determined to show Sybil her worth.

Finally, the two of them washed up and hopped into bed, getting the rest that they well deserved.

                    DAY BROKE AND THE WINCHESTERS REMAINEDasleep. Sam slept peacefully in his bed as Dean had little space in his due to Sybil sprawled across the queen size mattress. Dean, however, didn't seem to mind such an uncomfortable space. As the three slept through the day, Dean's cellphone began to ring, buzzing against the surface of the wooden nightstand, causing Sam to stir in his sleep. His two other siblings, on the other hand, remained deep in slumber.

"Dean," Sam groaned. When Dean remained unresponsive to his calls, he decided to answer the phone for him. 

"Hello?"

"Sam, is that you?"

Sam jolted into a sitting position, shocked to hear the familiar voice on the other end of the line. "Dad. Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine," he answered. 

"We've been looking for you everywhere," Sam stated in a lower voice to avoid waking up his siblings. "We didn't know where you were if you were okay."

"Sammy, I'm alright," John reassured. "What about you and Dean? How are you with Sybil? Is she doing alright?"

Sam looked towards Dean's direction as he began to stir in his sleep, resulting in Sybil smacking him in the face for slightly moving her as she slept. "Well, we're fine. Sybil is doing alright, but her powers are surfacing."

"That's six years earlier than expected," John stated, recalling his memories. "Usually, they manifest in their early teen years."

"How well informed are you on Sybs powers," Sam asked, trying to find answers himself to better assist his little sister in controlling them.

"Not well, I'm afraid," he responded, sighing. "There aren't much resources on demigods on my end."

"Dad, where are you?"

Dean began to sit up in his bed, staring intently at Sam as he heard the word 'dad.'

"Sorry, kiddo," John said. "I can't tell you that."

Sam was surprised at the rejection. "What? Why not?"

"Is that Dad," Dean asked, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared at his brother on the phone. 

At this point, Sam and Dean were talking at a normal volume level that it awoke Sybil. She groggily sat up as she stared at her brothers, unaware of what is going on.

"Look, I know this is hard for you to understand. You're just gonna have to trust me on this."

Sam paused as the realization hit him. "You're after it, aren't you? The thing that killed Mom."

"Yeah," John admitted. "It's a demon, Sam."

"A demon," Sam repeated, questioning his father to ensure that he heard him correctly. "You know for sure?"

"A demon," Dean asked. "What's he saying?"

Sybil crawled closer to the edge of the bed as she looked towards Dean. "Is that Daddy?"

"I don't know, shortcake," Dean replied. "It might be."

"I do," John finally answered. "Listen, Sammy, I, uh... I also know what happened to your girlfriend. I'm so sorry."

Dean continued to stare at his brother as he slipped a black t-shirt on. Sam's eyes began to water as his father continued to speak to him. 

"I would have done anything to protect you from that."

Sam and John began to argue about the whereabouts of both him and the demon that killed his mother. Dean continued to ask Sam for the phone only for him to ignore his request and continue to speak with his father. Dean grew tired of waiting for his brother to finally hand him the phone, so he just snatched it out of his hands. 

"Dad, it's me. Where are you?"

Dean listened to his father's response as he began taking down the names that he had asked Sam to do. Before John had to go, he requested to speak to Sybil. Dean's eyes widened as both of his younger siblings stared at him. Dean slowly handed the phone over to Sybil as she grabbed it and held it against her ear. 

"Hello?"

"Hi, honey," John said, his voice making it evident that there was a smile spread across his face. "How are you doing?"

"I'm good, Daddy," Sybil smiled. "How's finding the demon?"

John sighed. "Harder than I thought, cupcake. Are your brothers taking good care of you?"

"Yeah, they are! I like them a lot."

John chuckled at his daughter's response. "That's good, Sybil. Now, listen to Daddy very carefully, I need you to do something for me."

"What is it?"

The two brothers stared at the little girl as she spoke on the phone. They grew curious about what their father was telling her. 

"I want you to call me when you learn how to control the Mist. Have your brothers leave me a message, and I'll come to you as soon as possible."

Sybil furrowed her eyebrows together in confusion. "What's the Mist?"

"You'll know once it happens," John replied. "Daddy has to go, honey, ok? Stay close to your brothers."

"Okay, bye, Daddy!"

With that, Sybil hung up and handed the phone to Dean. They both stared at the little girl, waiting for her to reveal what her father said. 

"What did he say, Sybil," Dean asked. 

"He wants us to call him when I learn how to control the Mist," Sybil recalled. 

Sam furrowed his eyebrows. "The Mist? What's that?"

Sybil shrugged. "I dunno, but he said I would know once I can control it."

"Well," Dean said, exhaling sharply, "not only do we have another mission, but we also have to figure out what the hell the Mist is."

I'm going to end this chapter here even though it is much shorter than my other chapters. There are a lot of people on my Netflix account right now, so I can't watch any Supernatural episodes as a reference! Thank y'all for reading and voting!